Software Recomm. for Auto Scalping

Discussion in 'Trading' started by One, Jan 31, 2004.

1. One

One

Comrades,

Is there a simple way to automatically enter the following type of trade in TWS for ES:

Sell at 1130.00
    if filled Buy at 1129.00
    if filled Sell at 1130.00
    if filled Buy at 1129.00 .....continue until price hits 1132?

Thanks.

2. Yes. Get and learn the API and 'simply' program it. then relax and watch it trade.

nononsense:cool:

3. Most of the front ends for TWS will do bracket and stop and reverse orders. Just type front end into the search feature and you should get info on most of them...

4. One

One

NN,

Thanks, though learning to program the API is not high on my priority list.

But in case no one has a recommendation for an order entry product that already has the functionality: are you sure that the API will allow me to have a "fill generate order" continuously (that is, not just for one or two iterations)? And then to cancel all when a specific price is hit? Just don't want to take the time to get up to speed unless it can handle those two specific functions. I was surprised to find that I could not find mention of this type of order generation in some of the popular front ends. Thanks again.

SS,

Just saw your reply as well. I have found the functionality for entering one order at a time, e.g., if filled buy here with stop here, but not for continously generating the same bracket until the process is cancelled. Hopefully there is a quick solution I missed. Thanks.

5. dloomis514

dloomis514 Guest

An eSignal efs file combined with the order placing capabilites of DynaOrder will be able to do what you want, no problem.

6. It is rather easy to implement your strategy in any existing API product. The issue is ROI. How much are you willing to pay for the feature and how many traders are willing to pay.

Unless someone provides an easy scriptable interface for you to plug in your strategy to generate orders and manage them, you won't be able to fully automate trading w/o custom coding.

However, even with scriptable interface, you still have to learn how to code your strategy in the provided scripting language.

7. croc1964

croc1964

Hi,

Futures-Trader (www.futures-trader.net) can do what you want.
    Contact me at croc1964@futures-trader.net to discuss.

Regards,

Chris

8. One

One

dloomis,
    Esig EFS, I currently subscribe to and could program in TradeStation (won't because no link to IB) so I would be doubling up on data and charting costs. Looks like DynaOrder may handle directly though and I'll look into it.

T.Net,
    Thanks for confirm that it can be handled by API products. Is it worth learning to program the API directly if this is the only functionality I need? Else, do you have a recomm. on which product would be easiest to implement for this functionality.

Croc,
    Thanks I'll take a look at the link.

9. See inline comments.

10. bone

bone

What happens when you sell at 1130 and the market trades immediately to 1132, 1133, 1135? I think you'll find that nearly all of the time trades will not print in your favor in the near term. Look at the real world. Lot's of choppy price noise to contend with in the ES.

#10     Jan 31, 2004