Software ratings like brokers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by mazirus, Apr 25, 2001.

1. mazirus

mazirus

Hi,

Why not add an area of the site for software ratings. Just like people rate brokers, the same could be done for real time software packages. Maybe the section could be divided into sub-sections per type of software: charting, scanning, options etc...
    I know there is a software section in the discussion, and it is very useful, but maybe ratings would add alot too. I have been trading for a few months now and I still can't find a software package that fulfills all my needs. Some are unreliable, others hard to use, while others just lack some neccesary features.
    I think it would be very useful to be able to read other traders rate software packages.

Anyways, thanks for listening.

2. hsanson

hsanson

Good Idea, but the problem is that some softwares are not so popular as to find a reviewer from this forum. Most softwares that can find their way to a review here are the quotes/charting platform softwares that come bundled with realtime datafeeds subscriptions ( Qcharts, RT3, CyberTrader, Esignal, Window On WallStreet, etc). There is another spectrum of even more expensive financial software that I bet will seldom find a reviewer here (Neuroshell, Tradestation, Investor/RT, BioComp Profit, Advanced Get, Wealth-Lab Desktop, and the likes) These software packages are made to test strategies, evaluate/develop trading systems, etc).
    So it is up to Baron and see if he decides to open up a software review section.

hsanson

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This suggestion has already been made. You can read my feelings on the subject here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=1009

I think a software ratings section is a good idea. But considering the development costs to do it right, it's going to be difficult to make it happen without a coporate sponsor or some other source of revenue that would let the ratings system pay for itself.

Baron