Software platform for Bright

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Jonnytrade344, Jul 28, 2002.

1. echo

echo

Adding real-time realized/unrealized P&L to REDIPlus has my vote.

I would also like to be able to retrieve historical price data on stocks via the ActiveX API. As far as I know, you can only get live tick-by-tick data.

#51     Aug 2, 2002
  2. Dustin

Dustin

I use QLink for historical quotes. It's free with Qcharts.

#52     Aug 2, 2002
  3. Thanks for the ideas, both here and on emails and PM.

I will continue to keep Kent busy here with suggestions, and work our way through the solutions we can come up with.

Thanks again for the input!!

Don

#53     Aug 2, 2002
  4. echo

echo

Dustin,

I currently use RealTick to retrieve historical (and tick) data into my custom app. But, this thread was about what we want to see added to REDI+ to make it better. With the ability to get historical (including the current intraday data from before when the app was started) directly from the Redi feed (via its API) which is already part of the package, I could potentially drop RealTick and save the extra money.

#54     Aug 2, 2002
  5. Come on, tell me you are not serious on this. Lets not intermixing getting quotes with the trading/execution server. They should be totally seperate. I don't want my order delayed because its too busy fetching your last 100 daily bars.

#55     Aug 3, 2002
  6. Yes he is serious ...

#56     Aug 3, 2002
  7. echo

echo

I'm not asking for anything REDI+ doesn't already do on its own. It can pull up historical data for charts, so why not simply allow access to the data that is already there via the API. BTW, I don't know the specifics of REDI's server setup, but I doubt the quote server and the order entry server are the same. If that is the case, then pulling up a chart on my machine shouldn't affect the speed of your order.

#57     Aug 3, 2002
  8. I must add in one point regarding redi and that is redi does have a fantastic system for option execution. It is solid and reliable.

#58     Aug 3, 2002
  9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

#59     Aug 3, 2002