Software for overlay

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by NKNY, Sep 30, 2003.

1. NKNY

NKNY

Could someone recommend a software package that could overlay two securities in real time intraday... I know qcharts could do it but it doesn't seem correct and the stocks I plot seem to go all over the place.

I,m really looking for something on the less expensive side or an ad on to qcharts. I want to experiment with intra day stat arb to compliment me longer term positions.

Thanks for the suggestions....

Nick

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

3. lescor

lescor

I use esignal and was wondering the same thing today. Can esignal do this? Can it overlay a line chart on a candlestick chart?

4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Lescor,

Yes, you can do overlays in eSignal. This FAQ offers several options you can explore via EFS (eSignal Formula Script).

Also, we're adding a new overlay tool in version 7.5, which is currently in beta. You are welcome to try the beta or just wait for us to go Gold ( early November ).

Thanks.

5. NKNY

NKNY

Don't know anything about e-signal....sorry

Now about ravenquote...I have considered it but It's really is overkill for what I need. I'm kind of set in my ways and don't want to confuse myself "again".:p

That reminds me of something I read once... a man with two watches can never tell exact time..lol I don't want to be that man again...

I had tried IQ a while ago but don't recall if it could compare two stocks intraday......

Anyway thanks fir the suggestions...Help is always appreciated....

Nick

6. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

Why not just use the free Quotetracker? Create 2 charts, use translucent option and move èm above each other??

I use this with BUND/Bobl (futures on german goverment 8 yrs and 4 yrs bonds)

Hittfeld

7. the latest version of qcharts fixed their overlay problem. works nice now.