Software for market replay and simulation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by arts998, Jul 17, 2013.

1. arts998

arts998

I am looking for a software to do historical market replay and trade simulation. I've tried ninjatrader and multicharts but -

Ninjatrader does not have historical stock replay data.
    MC can use data provider's tick data for replay, but it cannot do discretionary trade simulation.

SierraCharts, Investor/RT, Ensign and tradingsim.com seems to have similar features but I haven't tried them. Could you please recommend some software that is good for my need?

2. Sierra chart works great.

3. maxpi

maxpi

Sierrachart can be put in replay mode and the speed can be controlled to replay faster than realtime even and you can daytrade like that. Is what you mean by discretionary trades?

4. joederp

joederp

Thinkorswim's OnDemand module.

5. Andyroki

Andyroki

Metamega likes this.
  6. lindq

lindq

I'm a long-time user of InvestorRT and highly recommend it. Very powerful but easy-to-learn coding, with good backtesting, playback, trading from charts, etc.

7. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave has Replay Mode, simulated trading, as well as full strategy backtesting and optimization. It's a full featured trading platform with all of the features you'd expect in a professional platform. These features are all in our Strategy Edition.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  8. TrendSpider_Dan

TrendSpider_Dan Sponsor

TradingSim.com is a really nice platform for market replay and simulated trading.

9. I like NT market replay and in terms of historical, the execution is not precise as it only has OHLC info in historical data so your entries will not be accurate at all. They explain that on their help guide. However, the market replay is much better and precise. I just wish they have a backtest where it goes through market replay data to do strategy analysis in terms of "simple historical".

10. userque

userque

This is true if you don't have an intraday feed.

#10     Nov 12, 2018