Software for LLC - TradeLog + Quickbooks or Quicken Small Biz?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Coderblix, Apr 20, 2014.

1. For an LLC operating at a level sufficient to file with trader status what is the recommended accounting package? I would not want to track trades...in quickbooks or quicken but need something to track expenses, bills, ... Does anyone use a tradelog quickbooks/quicken combo? Quicken for typical business expenses and tradelog for trades. Is there something else I should be looking at? Any suggestions appreciated.

2. wartrace

wartrace

If it were me I would set up a simple spreadsheet in excel since all you are tracking are expenses. You do not have customers or inventory and do not invoice so it would be pretty simple. There are plenty of free expense tracking templates available for this purpose. As long as you are consistent in naming expenses you can easily sort the data.

QuickBooks is great if you are dealing with multiple customers, inventory and receivables but in your case it would be a waste of money to buy the program.

Quicken starter edition runs 29 bucks and doesn't seem to do much more than can be accomplished with excel.

You could check out some of the free accounting packages on the net if you really want to like this one;
    http://www.gnucash.org/