software for futures trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by michal, Oct 5, 2001.

1. wild

wild

thank you very much for providing an english translation of your interesting contribution to this thread

wild

#11     Oct 5, 2001
  2. PL-trader

PL-trader

Hi wild,

Thanks for your post. As you probably noticed I replied to DT-waw's post on MetaStock and eSignal (see my reply subject). Both of us are Polish speaking and of course it's easier for us to comunicate each other in Polish. But if you're interested in the English version of my reply on this topic just let me know- I will email you the translation with pleasure.

By the way, is English the only language allowed here:eek:

Best Regards
    PL-trader
    :)

#12     Oct 5, 2001
  3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

yes, it would be better to stick to english please. on rare occasions to help a member another language can be used (I have seen it for french or polish now...) but this is the exception and it is an inconvenience for other members.

a better way is to use the private messaging available here.
    just click on the name of the poster, and follow the links to post a message directly to the member.

thanks
    neo

#13     Oct 5, 2001
  4. Any comments on data for futures and options available from Townsend Analytics (Real Tick)?

note to Polish speakers about a new irc channel: wlasnie stworzylem kanal gielda na othernet. Proponuje abysmy sie tam czasami spotykali, szczegolnie gdy otwarte sa gieldy. Uzywajac mirc wejdz na serwer othernet, potem na kanal gielda.

voodoo

#14     Oct 6, 2001
  5. Yes I have been using Metastock since its inception in the mid 1980's! The program has progressed from a nice charting program to a very usable intraday trading/development system, tester and realtime trading program. I use eSignal with Metastock Pro(eSignal) for realtime data flow for my Metastock developed trading system. Works great!
    Signals can be sent by email or pager but I do not use that function. I am using IB as the futures broker for the emini NQs and enter my trades from my mechanical Metastock system as they are signaled into IB. No problems. Maybe someday Equis(Metastock) will make it possible to tie it directly to a broker for automated orders. Humm.

www.efloortrade.com says they can do it! Any only $5.95/RT!!

#15     Oct 7, 2001
  6. ok I'm also looking for good futures software...I have a Realtick acct...for stocks and wish they had futures too, but the guys at terranova said it probably won't be until January...and thats too long my friends!!!
    so maybe I'll open an acct at IB...but they don't have any charting , or do they...
    been searching the threads here,nad internet, but haven't found anything that great.
    any suggestions would be appreciated.
    :cool:

#16     Nov 6, 2001
  7. DaveN

DaveN

If you've got about $20K to open a futures acct, you could look at Tradestation Pro, (TS6). The feed, charting, EasyLanguage, etc. is all free with the account.

If you are doing a lot of trading, your commission costs could be lower if you went through one of the Introducing Brokers, like ELocalTrading or some others discussed on these forums, with the JTrader platform. IB is an option also, but consider your style of trading and the availability to call and get quick service on getting an order fixed. To augment this, you could look at the $79/month charting apps like QCharts or Ensign/eSignal.

#17     Nov 6, 2001
  8. dkamp

dkamp Guest

I can verify DaveN's comment about TradeStation. Quite a deal. Only drawback is that they haven't yet fully integrated futures trading with rest of TradeStation, and you have to use Lind-Waldock trading screens, which are a bit clumsy (compared to something like IB's fast interface).

#18     Nov 7, 2001

9. I would put Lind Waldock in the "avoid" category for daytrading and therefore Tradestation.

imho

#19     Nov 7, 2001
  10. Tahoe

Tahoe

rts/All:

I saw your comments in this message regarding MetaStock Pro. I have been using the EOD version for quite some time. Are you still satisfied with MetaStock Pro as an intra-day trading system development platform. I find MetaStock extremely easy to use, and very stable. The upgrade is $900 for the QCharts version (which is very new), and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Can you post your comments and maybe any shortcomings you've found that may make MS Pro an unreasonable package.

Thanks a bunch,

TAHOE

#20     Nov 20, 2001