Software Fees

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BMWtrading, Apr 6, 2008.

1. I have a questions I do over 200k+ shares a month and my trading software is over 300 a month, I heard that by doing a certain amount of shares a month I should be getting my trading software for free.

Any feedback on this? am I getting bilked out of 300 dollar on a monthly basis.

2. Surdo

Surdo

First of all, that is under 10K shares of volume/day which is not exactly "active trading"!

Who is your broker, and what rate do you pay?

Many brokers offer decent charts for FREE, and a reasonable rate of comm.

el surdo

3. I go through GLB trading and use Sterling software my rate is about .006 a share not an all in rate..

4. it's not your broker, it's sterling. seperate software firm that charges and your broker is just passing it through. most other guys i know using sterling pay too... although, i have heard of a couple firms who eat that cost but i would imagine it would depend on your vol.

btw, .006 isn't very competitve, even at 200k. if you can bump your vol up a bit, you should be able to almost halve that at IB... plus no software fees. GLB is more an introducing broker, you should shop around for firms that are tailored for inidiv. traders, then, i think you'll find more what you're looking for.

5. Try Quotetracker by Jerry Medved for your charting needs.

It comes with 20 days of intra-day data if you have an account at TD Ameritrade, and is FREE.
    Otherwise, you get 10 days of intra-day data and it costs $7.00 per month.

www.quotetracker.com

An incredible value!
    :cool: