Software Developer seeking to write trading app

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by johnny_rocket, Apr 3, 2009.

1. How much are you willing to pay upfront for such an idea?

You are trying to get it for free in a place crowded with software vendors.

I have a good idea for something that is fairly new - there are only 2 or 3 solutions available out there, one way too expensive and the other not fully functional - but why should I tell you for free? What are you going to offer in exchange?

Exchanging commercial ideas should be a transaction I believe.

#11     Apr 6, 2009
  2. I could not agree more. What I would propose in that case is that we both sign NDA's right off the bat protecting each other's interests and then negotiate a contract that is amicable to both of us. My philosophy in negotiating contracts has always been we both have to win or no deal.

If you are still interested perhaps we could discuss in further detail over the phone.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    John

#12     Apr 6, 2009
  3. You did not answer my question regarding the type of trading application you would like to develop. I will tell you what kind of application I think is interesting and there are not many choices available that are reasonably priced and cover a wide variety of options and features.

Computerized trading system development is the future I believe. It has to be a white box and report the system algorithm. It should not be based on combinatorial searches because that takes too long and I have tried one product that took forever to report random patterns at the end. The systems must have some type of logic to them instead of random combinations of indicators. Trading signals should be based on proximate values of indicators than on values obtained from several weeks ago. This is an important point.

There is a product in the market that I would like to have but too expensive for me at this point. Link 1

There is another product that is too limited. It searches for OHLC patterns only but the results do not appear to be random combinations. It is more of a data mining program. Link 2

Both programs report code you can use in Tradestation. The second does code for some other platforms in addition but as I said it has limitations and it is for starters in this game.

I think this is a promising area for a developer to explore and the market for such products will grow.

#13     Apr 6, 2009
  4. Let me know when you get it up and running!

#14     Apr 19, 2009
  5. You would be better off bypassing the trading platform for a more targeted model. Develop indicators that people can buy, or some type of excel spreadsheet with the ability to send order signals to customer's brokerage accounts utilizing the indicators. Beginning traders love indicators and will pay lots to try them out. There is a big market for this stuff.

#15     Apr 19, 2009
  6. Please forgive me if my ignorance is showing. I am not sure exactly what indicators are. :confused: I think I might have a clue but if someone could point me at a good resource that would be great. Perhaps somewhere else on this forum? As for working with Excel spreadsheets and sending signals, piece of cake as long as I know what the criteria is for sending the order signals.

Thanks for your input,
    John

#16     Apr 20, 2009