Softs Long Term

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by youngtrader, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Anybody know where I can get long term fundamental info on the softs? Not really long term but like what kind of a position is the market in since the beginning of the year. I know I can check out usda but does anybody know of a free weekly commentary or something with a lot of fundamental data in it?

Thanks

2. The Commodities Research Bureau (CRB) has been publishing yearbooks with historical fundamental information. It is a good way to start getting a perspective on long term production and consumption patterns.

GC

3. Yahoo and Google have a free news/blog/web alert service where you are sent links to news stories and sites that contain user-specified words and phrases.

For the time being it's free.

Some links are useful, some not; all are interesting though.

If you are new to commodities/futures don't neglect to visit the exchange sites themselves. They have a lot of basic data on whatever futures contract it is you want to trade (i.e. history, geography, rationale for the contract's existence, market participant profiles and such.)

Enjoy!

B

4. Yahoo and Google have a free news/blog/web alert service where you are sent links to news stories and sites that contain user-specified words and phrases.

For the time being it's free.

Some links are useful, some not; all are interesting though.

If you are new to commodities/futures don't neglect to visit the exchange sites themselves. They have a lot of basic data on whatever futures contract it is you want to trade (i.e. history, geography, rationale for the contract's existence, market participant profiles and such.)

Enjoy!

B

5. Thanks everyone for the advice. No im not new to trading commodities but am new to trading the soft commodity markets (I am mainly a grain trader). Most of my soft trading has been very short term and mostly based off of the charts. I would just like to get more in depth with the fundamentals as that is what I feel the most confident trading off of.