SoftBank eyes IPO for $100 billion Vision Fund

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, May 6, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

SoftBank eyes IPO for $100 billion Vision Fund
    [​IMG]
    SoftBank is considering an initial public offering for its $100 billion Vision Fund, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday, citing unnamed sources, as well as the launch of a second of "at least that size." The Japanese tech giant's Vision Fund has been a funding force in the Bay Area, plowing hundreds of millions of dollars into startups. (San Jose Biz Journal)

wrbtrader likes this.
  2. Big mistake imho. Japan's entrepreneurs should look to innovate in Japan not invest abroad. History has proven that so much money that foreign investors brought to the US has been sucked up by the sellers and the invested-in businesses then languished. Almost like buying the top. Corporate America is world champion in hyping up businesses and finding that sucker that is willing to pay inflated prices. I bet my life that Bayer will be taken to the cleaner and that Monsanto will be so swamped with lawsuits that Bayer regrets ever having set foot in the US with this purchase (of course Monsanto was a perfect legitimate business before and was spared major law suits to prop up valuations before) . Happened in the telecom sector, financial sector,....(VoiceStream ring any bells? How about Bankers Trust? All mega deals at its time). German and Japanese firms are especially prone to getting fucked. As if there was a dark force with long noses on the levers of American capitalism playing those foreign entities for a sucker. It just happened too often to resort this to mere chance. I am absolutely convinced that this will be the undoing of Masayoshi Son's legacy. At least he is now looking to spread the future pain and have others share in. :D

Last edited: May 6, 2019