Socrates Examines Technical Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Socrates, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Regarding pool extraction's potential, ask yourself: What must the emini limit order trader make on the time scale of many days? And how much can they collectively allow us collectively to make on that same time scale? For that defines the "pool".

#11     Dec 27, 2008

2. Socrates,

It was never intended to be a question(s) for you, i thought i was joining in your.....humour towards technical strategy?

I shall cease my endeavours,

Apologies.

#12     Dec 27, 2008
  3. No, no! My mistake! Kindly do contribute as you see fit. But I must say that I am aggrieved that you find my attitude toward technicals to be irreverent. In general I believe in S/R technicals and in some momo technicals. My dull wit is pointed squarely and solely at SCT and its aspirants. If you do not share my perverse obsession, you would not understand. In my defense, I am here by invitation of ET moderation. Largely, one suspects, in the hope that I will be roundly deflated by the SCT foule, or at least make a bigger fool of myself than usual.

#13     Dec 27, 2008
  4. I myself am a lover of knowledge however that in itself will not conquer this beast

or resist seduction of this harlot

or make alchemy the reality

or sow doubt in mind of a fanatic

#14     Dec 27, 2008

5. It is i that has made a fool of himself. I should not jump to conclusions.

Dackster

#15     Dec 27, 2008
  6. Socrates if I could be sure that you would take your knowledge to your grave

I would teach you the optimal way of trading

#16     Dec 27, 2008
  7. Anti-Hurst, everything I do in the trading is based on what I consider to be hard knowledge. By hard I mean explicit in the sense that Michael Polanyi distinguished explicit from tacit knowledge. I believe that acting on explicit knowledge earns profits.

But otherwise this thread IS about harlots, alchemy and fanatics.

#17     Dec 27, 2008
  8. #18     Dec 27, 2008

9. Jack? I do not totally agree with JHs....methods, but, i like JH. I find him interesting and interested, never dull.

But that's just my opinion....

Good trading.

#19     Dec 27, 2008
  10. Anti-Hurst, I know wherefrom you come. What I know will be left only to my wife and to a former lover. I paid a hideous price to learn it. And the net present value of it is priceless. And all of it is trivially simple beyond imagining. But I digress. My critique of complexity must wait for later posts.

#20     Dec 27, 2008