Socialized medicine kills

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kingofposters, Jan 17, 2008.

1. "A study that compares international cancer survival rates demonstrates what opponents of socialized medicine have been saying for years: socialized medicine kills.

The study finds that Britain (whose much-touted "universal health care" system is held up by the left as a model for America) has among the lowest cancer survival rates in the West--drastically lower than the United States, which has the world's highest survival rate.

Researchers attribute Britain's dismal numbers primarily to late diagnoses and lengthy waiting lists for treatment. But long lines and waiting lists are necessarily endemic under socialized medicine. Just as a "free" grocery store would not be able to keep its shelves stocked, a "free" health care system necessarily lacks sufficient resources to adequately treat all those seeking care. The result is thousands of unnecessary deaths--and millions of grief-stricken families.

Rather than adopt Britain's deadly socialized health care system, we should end the government interference which is increasing the costs and reducing the quality of U.S. health care, and increase freedom in medicine."

from http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=15585&news_iv_ctrl=1223

2. I saw this on a stock chat forum today:

"Just been a rocky few years for me and my family my wife got Cancer and we had some tough times. Any ways after all the medical expense we paid out of pocket ect I have
    $66,815 left to my name =) but my wife is alive and my daugher now 6 is doing great"

No one, but no one in Canada has ever been in this situation.

. This is not meant to be put down but how long can a country spend 50-60% of tax money on overpriced, no-bid defence spending while its citizens lose their homes and savings?

How long can one remain in denial when insurance companies are being charged $25 for an asprin for example. Maybe health care would be more affordable if the HMOs weren't ripping off.

I am against that corruption, we need to send a message to them.

best of luck to all. :cool: