Social Security Denial

Discussion in 'Economics' started by IanMacQuaide, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Ed Breen

Ed Breen

Another point is that the decision not to pay SS in full is a Social Security Policy/Regulation, and not the action of the Schools or thier Pension System. You seem to blame the school employer for not telling new hires about SS regulations. Don't you think that people qualified to be teachers can be responsible for finding out about these issues and questioning these benefit systems on their own. This discussion is set within the context of Teacher's employment and benefits. Don't you think its odd that these employees in the teaching profession don't seem to know anything about how the world works even in matters that concern then directly? You blame the Employer for not taking care of incompetent employees who don't know how their own government social security works.

Its ridiculous on multiple levels...the blind teaching and leading the blind...idiot educators...the result of a failed eduction system curriculum and competency...a dumbed down victum culture of dependency. If they are so damned incompetent and needy, then don't let them teach...then they can get all the SS benefits they deserve.

#11     Sep 28, 2011
  2. Mayhem

Mayhem

Eh, the ability to opt out of SS, even at the age of 49, is a gift. That nurse is lucky... even if she doesn't have the brains to figure it out (and, do we really want someone that dull teaching our kids?).

Look, SS is not a pension, SS is not an annuity, SS is not a guarantee. It's just a government welfare program disguised as a pension to make the public less likely to revolt when another line of tax is removed from their pay check.

Repeat after me: SS is just another tax.

Yeah, they look at how much SS tax you have paid when they decide how much welfare to give you when you retire, but that doesn't change the fact that SS is just another tax.

20 years from now, the Feds may decide we're too broke, and no one is going to collect SS (this is very likely)... and your recourse will be: Bitching on the Internet... because SS is just a welfare program, and they can shut that off at anytime. You can try taking them to court, and then maybe the judge will explain to you: All those years you saw SS taken out of your pay check... yeah, that was just a tax, and they owe you nothing.

#12     Sep 28, 2011
  3. I totally agree. I'm not blaming anyone for anything. Just found it odd that
    A. The School Dist.'s HR dept. won't tell, and,
    B. When told the truth, these "educators" don't believe it.
    Which reminds me of politicians. When told the truth about the unsustainability of any Gummint program, they refuse to believe it.

#13     Sep 28, 2011
  4. Well they only work 53% of the year. So they get 25% SS and teachers pension, doesn't sound that bad.

#14     Sep 28, 2011
  5. zdreg

zdreg

who reduces their check?. it is doubtful that the federal gov't reduces their check.
    in private industry it is possible for pensions to be X and then to be reduced by the amount of social security retirement checks.

teachers are overpaid for the mediocre students they produce.

even the best are mediocre by international standards.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3314050#post3314050

#15     Sep 28, 2011
  6. LOL....you just proved my point.
    No one believes it.
    Until they bash their head up against reality.

#16     Sep 28, 2011
  7. piezoe

piezoe

#17     Sep 29, 2011
  8. Ed Breen

Ed Breen

Thanks for posting this information. It confirms what we have been discussing.

#18     Sep 29, 2011