Social Influences of Being A Trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Li Ka Shing, Dec 25, 2005.

1. txuk

txuk

Jack, in this sentence... I wasn't sure if you were simply referring to rollovers as milestones for passing time, or if you were implying that contract rollover periods have an effect on growth? If the latter, would you please expand on their significance.

#51     Dec 31, 2005

2. Good post - I agree wholeheartedly!

#52     Dec 31, 2005
  3. toc

toc

Trading is one of the hardest professions, it is harder than most of the common professions we know of. Those who have made it into trading are an exceptional lot and should be respected.

#53     Dec 31, 2005
  4. patch227

patch227

12-31-05 06:16 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from steve46:

Hello Folks:

There are a lot of traders (or wannabee traders) who think that there are no rules, everything goes.

There is an underground industry of ET members who simply make a living scamming newbies. For them, this is acceptable.

I define my world. I want to be proud of my work, my profession, my choices, my accomplishments. When I fail, I want to fail trying my best. I want to try to do things that make me proud not just today, but years from now. Finally I want to feel that I am always moving towards my goals.

I am glad to have a few flakes on the thread so that everyone can see what the choices are, and then make their own decision.

On whatever path you decide to go, good luck in '06

Steve

Hear Hear I second that

#54     Jan 1, 2006
  5. I took the advice from various sources to live my trading life in secrecy.

Who the f___ really cares?

If anyone asks what I do for a living I say "I struggle and barely get by like everyone else."

Talking about my profession amounts to either bragging or begging. They will either feel I am a pompous ass or a peasant, when in reality I am both.

Then I avoid the subject. If they push the point I challenge them to a fight since I'm already pissed about my piss poor results.

If they still push the point I tell them "I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya."

#55     Jan 3, 2006
  6. Yep, and we all know Coolweb is the biggest bullshitter here.:D

#56     Jan 5, 2006
  7. (Deep breath......) ah..forget it.

Trading is like life. You "get it" early on or you never do.

#57     Jan 5, 2006
  8. It seems that most are envious that you can do this for "work" and when you are going thru a rough patch, they become happy again. I dont know i hate talking about it too, most people either smirk or are jealous.

#58     Jan 5, 2006
  9. People need not care why people trade however look at are they honest and do they provide there share of money back into the system. If so then don't worry about it they are one less burden on the United States. Happy Trading....

#59     Jan 5, 2006
  10. If I was a pro ball player (pick any ball), there wouldn't be any discussion of this kind of topic....

...yet what do they ACTUALLY contribute to the betterment of society besides providing entertainment for a few years and retiring with tons of $$ many traders would never seee in their lifetimes?

Social implications and perceptions?? Self worth? Gimme a freakin break. You gotta be a mean bastard to build up wealth. WTF cares about their perceptions of you. And when you get older, then you can start being nice and give it back to the masses..... Gates had the right idea....he gets all the positive social perceptions now.

#60     Jan 8, 2006