Social aspect of trading from home...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by polpolik, Aug 21, 2007.

1. mde2004

mde2004

I traded from home until I lost all my savings, then I went back to work in an office downtown.

#51     Aug 23, 2007
  2. ess1096

ess1096

I am truly blessed. As a retired civil servant I have healthcare, dental, optical and a prescription plan for life. And the best part, a monthly pension! I miss the guys at the old job but not the old job. "20 and out!" And to top it all off.......I just turned 40! Trading from home is the greatest freedom. The only drawback is explaining what I do to people every time they ask "so what are you gonna do now that you retired?"

I'm NOT trying to brag......I am counting my blessings! Thank you God!

#52     Aug 23, 2007
  3. Right, the time to brag is when you make a living trading from home...trading can take all you give....very few survive..most that do work for big boys....

#53     Aug 23, 2007

4. Re the "what chat room?" question CM asked ... he's not going to tell you but you can set one up easily in paltalk or one of the messengers with a small bunch of friends.

Re the question. I think that's why so many (very) small businessmen join lions or rotary or such. Connection.

An alternative. I've considered setting up a small office with dual high speed internet and 5 or 6 desks and offering them to other traders for rent. That might be a nice "non-prop" solution. Maybe someone in your area has done it?

#54     Aug 23, 2007