SoCalif. Trader get together on Don

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Don Bright, Jul 7, 2008.

1. OK guys, since the last little tour was so much fun and seemed to be enjoyed by everyone...I'm looking for some input about Southern California in August.

I have the week of August 18-22 set as a time frame. I am thinking Tuesday evening, August 19th in the Irvine/Tustin area. In addition, I was thinking that maybe a Santa Monica, West LA area would be nice as well. Maybe th 21st. It's even possible to meet in the Arcadia area, but probably 2 events would work.

Please let me know if you guys will be able to make it to either or both events. Early evening, 5:30-8:30 or so. Food, beer, wine, and soda's on me.

As previously done, these are mostly social, with some trading chat mixed in. I am happy to "speak" for 20 minutes or so "formally" just to show what we're up to these days, and I welcome traders from other Firms.

Please let me know if the above sounds doable, and if you can make it. I try to limit to around 50 for each venue.

A bunch of you guys sent emails asking about something in SoCal, so email me again with SoCal in the subject line and tell me which venue would work, or come to both.

Or post here, or send PM.

email: donbright@brighttrading.net with SoCal in subject line.

Any other suggestions about locations or topics or anything, please let me know.

As I've said many times...we are ALL part of a very small community of serious traders, let's get together and have some fun.

(If you're concerned about any type of "hard sell" or anything, please ask the guys who attended Chicago, NYC, or Boston, LOL)

Don

2. OK, first date and place is set.

August 19th, 5:30-8:30 or so. Orange County.

15471 Red Hill, Tustin.

Assent guys? Bill?

Please send email to: donbright@brighttrading.net or PM me here. Feel free to ask any questions or suggest any topics you would like to discuss.

Again, primarily a Social event, but I'll have some top traders there with me to chat about trading. Maybe some new software, etc.

Working on a possible second event on the 21st, maybe West LA/Santa Monica area...again, suggetions? You guys at MBTrading should know some good places.

Assent guys welcome? Joe?

Echo guys? RBCarlin (Generic).... everyone is welcome to join us for a few hours and socialize.

We'll probably have to slow it down around 50 people, so let me know....

Don

3. Sorry to change the subject Don... but is your brother playing in the main event this year? I noticed a Bob Bright w/ over 200K in chips on the Live Reporting board. Just wondering if that was him or not. Thanks. J

4. If you plan anything for the central coast (Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo etc), you can count me in.

Might be time to cash in a free cup of coffee in return for referring my friend :)

5. Yep, he's still in, already in the money, 474 players left out of 6800+. He's got over $320K in chips, above the average chip count.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/tourney/tournament-chip-counts.asp?tid=4948&grid=411&curpage=2

And that's good for all of us, keeps him out of the office for a few days, LOL.

Don

6. See if there are 20 or more traders interested in a get-together, maybe I can stop by on my up to S.F. in a couple of months.

Don

7. hughb

hughb

WTF?? what happened to my post about San Diego?

8. I don't know, but I have a list started, tentative for August 20th evening.

Please send emails to: donbright@brighttrading.net or PM me, or even post here...testing the waters, and I would love to include San Diego/LaJolla.

Don

9. Anything for LA or West LA?

10. We're shooting for Santa Monica on August 21. I'll post up details as we confirm them.

Don

#10     Jul 21, 2008