SoCal and NorCal Traders.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Ok guys, sorry it has taken so long to finally firm up our California dates for our Free Dinner/Drinks/workshop fun events.

Long Beach - September 1. Celebrating new affiliate office.
    www.stocktrading.com/events2009LB.html

San Jose area - September 15

San Francisco area - September 17.

Info here:
    www.stocktrading.com/events2009SF.html

Please send an email to donbright@brighttrading.net or send a PM. We have room for about 30-40 total.

I have our Programmers from Zoe Trading demonstrating their latest in automation at all 3 events. These guys are goooood!

I'll be showing our latest Integration with eSignal as well.
    Latest upgrades from Briefing.com will be presented.

As always, free stuff, free food and drinks. And, yes, just some interaction with some of my top traders.

Hope to see you there!

Don

2. Just bumping up... thanks for your support.... room for about 10 more..... This will be fun....

Don

3. One last bump for Long Beach, Ca.

We have our Black/Gray box developers from Zoe Trading in Texas demonstrating.

We have a dozen Bright Traders, some of the very best.

Special eSignal integration.
    Latest Briefing.com

And, we have "me" LOL.

Most importantly, we have free food and drinks!

45 registered so far, room for about 5 more.

email to: donbright@brighttrading.net or call 702.739.1393, or PM me here.

Tuesday night, Sep 1.

http://www.stocktrading.com/events2009LB.html

Sep 15 in Jose Sep 17 in S.F.

Hope to see you there...

Don

4. vmora

vmora

is it too late to register to San Jose?

5. Join us tomorrow in Burlingame...it will actually be a better evening...we got stuck next to a bunch of loud obnoxious partyers for quite a while last night, LOL.

Only 30 minutes from where we were last night...

El Torito Mexican Cantina - Near San Francisco September 17.
    1590 Bayshore Hwy, Burlingame, CA 94010 (650) 692.3113

http://www.stocktrading.com/events2009SF.html

See you there around 5:30 or 6....

Don

6. i would sign up today with you guys if you were competitive with the canadian firms. i know it's not your fault but isn't it sad we have to outsource when we would prefer going with a US firm?

7. In BC only...the other Provinces don't allow US firms. Bummer..

Don

8. I am in the US. when i say compete w/canadian firms, i mean with their 'model'. i assume (please correct me if i am wrong) US firms can not compete due to certain 'fixed' costs or fees that the canadian firms do not have to pay.

canadian model:
    20 cents per thousand shares and a 70% to 80% profit split, small deposit

9. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

anyone? why do the US firms not compete? i'm thinking the SEC is going to step in and end this opportunity for US traders.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8E_zMLCRNg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. (Nice Cricket, LOL)

There were some "deals" made with Clearing firms that allowed for what amounts to "data processing" by ticket per stock symbol per day in Canada. Those "deals" are not available here in the U.S. My friend Charles Kim (co-owner of Swift) explained the whole thing to me years ago when he came to Vegas to attend our training. Their business model is very different from U.S. trading firm models. I don't feel comfortable posting all the details, suffice it to say that Mr. Kim sends many traders to Bright Trading after a year or so when the trader wants to move into a long term career.

On the other hand, we are doing very well in BC. The other Provinces simply do not allow U.S. firms. Even my friends at RBC Carlin cannot operate there...and they're owned (were) by a Canadian Bank.

(and, yes, there are many more fixed costs in the U.S.)

All the best,

Don

#10     Sep 17, 2009