Soaking the Rich?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Dec 8, 2008.

1. I have lived in Europe in two different countries to boot. I have been to all of them except for a couple and I am a citizen of EU.

As for the health care here is an example queted from Telegraph (similar to NYT):

"Figures published by the Commons Health Select Committee show that the total net surplus for 2007/8 in the NHS in England was £2.1bn."

When was the last time our health care was in positive territory?

#21     Dec 8, 2008
  2. top 3%, huh?

they also earn or receive the most, hence should incur the most in taxes,

they also come to this country specifically for that opportunity, just look at the actors guild....
    ...Mel Gibson, making hundreds of millions of dollars, for which he could never have done in his home of Austrialia, for example (hope that's spelled right)

...Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer for example, made more money here, even in a prior generation, than they as hated, despised European Jews from a less than popular low country, made fortune after fortune here in the US.

...example after example, and they keep on coming,

no where else in the world can you do this,

1999 is another example,

look at how many Hong Kong (Chinese) were fleeing mother China taking over their beloved homeland and their wealth. so much so that Vancouver, CAN became one of the wealthiest cities in the world in under 8 months!, and they were able to buy their citizenry since the quotas were filled in all other countries that they desired to flee to, including the US.....

we all have obligations and paying to make sure the system, by which we gain wealth still works and keeps working, hence taxes, is all part of it

so why all this whinning?

oh, let us not forget that Geo Bush-II took out loans to pay so called tax refunds to the wealthy, when he first came in office....so how backwards was that?

is there any wonder just about every municipality is functionally bankrupt?, and most companies seeking hundred billion dollar loans and grants?

#22     Dec 9, 2008
  3. that's really cruel...

#23     Dec 10, 2008