So, you were cheering for the market to crash, What do you do now?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by smallfil, Oct 10, 2018.

How did you do today?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2018.
  1. I made a lot of monies today

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. I lost a lot of monies today

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. Held my own, did not lose a lot nor made a lot

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. I am just a troll. Do not actually trade the stockmarket.

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. smallfil

smallfil

Individual stocks are down more than the indexes. How many stocks does the average person have? Probably, atleast, 5 stocks, maybe, more. Drawdowns are real. If you are a trader, you can lose more in a short period of time. That is why you need risk management. If not, you are cannon fodder.

#11     Oct 10, 2018
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Thanks for the ignore, smartfill. See you on the other side.

#12     Oct 10, 2018
  3. destriero

destriero

Smalldik believes he can talk it higher. We're missing out on the TREMENDOUS rally to come (from 2200 SPX).

#13     Oct 10, 2018
  4. speedo

speedo

Good grief, today was the best trading day in the ES in months. Range, structure, volatility, volume...ideal.

#14     Oct 10, 2018
    rb7 and DTB2 like this.
  5. Look to play a relief rally this Thursday and Friday. I think the best time to see a consistent bid put on the market that can generate a strong, consistent uptrend will be 2pm to close.

There is money on the sideline that will be put to work plus those that have played the short side swing trade will be taking some profits off the table at some point. Review market action / structure on Feb 6th, Feb 9th, Mar 26, and Apr 4 to develop an approach.

#15     Oct 10, 2018
    tommcginnis and smallfil like this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed...That money may just stay on the sidelines for the rest of the quarter so they can get their kids the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip for X-Mas.

#16     Oct 10, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. prc117f

prc117f

Hurricane.

#17     Oct 10, 2018
  8. Neuroway

Neuroway

This is a correction. Bulls gave back several months of profit to the bears today. But look at the long term trend. Tomorrow is coming and the next week will tell if it's a full fledged crash that's the start of a multi-year bear market or if the bull market will somehow muster even more energy to run for a few more months.

• NAS.JPG
      NAS.JPG
      File size:
      212.7 KB
      Views:
    #18     Oct 10, 2018
  9. smallbrain, your market analysis is as mindless as your political views. shoo!

#19     Oct 10, 2018
  10. Neuroway

Neuroway

Erm. Yeah. Your brain is BIIIG. HUUUUGE. No doubt about it. Huh. And who are you talking to, exactly, eh, genius?

#20     Oct 10, 2018