so you want to trade against me, huh?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by smokey_mcPaat, Aug 21, 2002.

1. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

hey- i will bust my ass- i will do research till i fall asleep from exhaustion, i will read all i can, i will analyze charts for hours on end, i will strength train my mouse clicking finger to be the fastest in the office, i will keep a journal, have a business plan and strict discipline- what do you think that you can do that will give you an edge over me? do you think that you can take money from me that easily?? this is a zero sum game, men- how are you going to beat me?? :D :D :D :D

2. I'll stay up until 4am Pacific drinking. Get 2 hours of sleep and walk in half drunk and hung over. Having done no reasearch and having read no news, I'll still make money.

Beleive it or not, its the Truth.

-triple

------------------

"real eyes see real lies"

3. any tips?

4. Eldredge

Eldredge

I don't think trading equities is a zero sum game. As a stock appreciates, more than one participant can realize a profit without anyone suffering an actual loss. I suppose the warrior, combatant psyche works well for some people, but I am more comfortable with just trying to make profitable trades than trying to "take money from the market", or beat the party on the other side of the trade. Don't get me wrong, if someone loses, I don't want it to be me, but I don't think someone else necessarily has to loose for me to win. So, if I get a good set up I will take the other side of your trade, and maybe we will both profit. Good luck.

5. I second this notion.

6. I stay up late, having fun, and I make money every day. Given a zero sum game, I am maybe making $$ from you or other day traders. The time I put in is important, but there are things that are more based on reading the pulse of the market, which I seem better at than meny of you. Thanks for being around...

7. I agree with you and triple J. Trade what you see not what you think. You don't need to spend hours on charts. Trade price action.KISS

8. Tortoise and hare.

9. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

are you the tortoise then?? :D

10. I've been both. My point is that burnout is a real risk. Better to find good breeze and set your sail accordingly. Of course, 15 years ago, I don't think I would have listened. I was all energy and little sense.

#10     Aug 21, 2002