So, you long the S&P?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jonbig04, Dec 1, 2009.

1. maybe

people are really silly though...the most likely situation, looking at things from a historical perspective, is for a normal business cycle to play out....one where we see the markets continue to appreciate until interest rates start being raised.

SO far its been textbook...i don't know why anyone would presume its suddenly going to morph into a totally different animal.

I mean, it may very well do so, and one should be prepared for that. But to predict, and go so far as place bets on it, well that is just masochism.

#21     Dec 1, 2009
  2. haha I guess I'm on of the lucky ones who makes money doing it.

Everyone here still seems bent on predicting something. Predicting if the rally will stall out or keep going. I swear I've seen like 75 threads on people calling tops. And more about how the market's movements are "random"., which prompted me to post this.

Support and resistance aren't voodoo. You think its mere coincidence that price hit a wall today at 1111? You all spend so much time trying to read a crystal ball that you neglect the information that is right in front of you.

Who cares if the rally stalls or not. Who cares what the "news" says. Thousands of people probably heard it before you did. The sentiment of the people who drive the market is already in the charts for you.

#22     Dec 1, 2009
  3. wutang

wutang

I'm sure the big players try to make their movements as transparent as possible for the chartists...

#23     Dec 1, 2009
  4. haha there is no getting around the rule of supply and demand, which is all price is telling us.

#24     Dec 1, 2009
  5. jalee25

jalee25

a little more than an hour to go... and bulls are still trying to rally. what happens next will be interesting...leading into the week...

#25     Apr 5, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Oil is up everyday the markets move higher, eventually high oil prices will break the rally.

#26     Apr 5, 2010