So you are trading mometum stocks at a prop firm.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by londonkid, May 7, 2012.

1. Now you have me a bit worried about your discussion of opening a branch, but the phone call invite still stands.

Don

#11     May 8, 2012

2. The first pullback that you can consider is a higher low then the previous low which shows potential for a new trend.

To increase your chances of a successful pullback. It's nice to wait for a reverse pivot towards the trend. This helps confirm a probable pullback. This particular bar is usually bigger as it's breaking the resistance of the previous bars. Obviously from there you set your stop below the support of the pullback bars to allow the trade to potentially bounce off support to give your trade a second chance if it goes against you right away.

I'm far from greedy as i like to take profits i like to keep a higher win rate with an even risk reward as the numbers are easy to back test and this keeps things really simple.

This probably isn't new to you. But a good ice breaker on my part. Ha Ha!.

I have been interested in prop trading for a while now. Looking to
    just give an initial risk deposit and trade. After of course i can back my skills up. The prop firms i have talked to want me to take there training course. I'm really not trying to fix something that's not broken. Nor do I want to take my mind off of the strategies i have been working on for years now. Hey if i lose my risk deposit give me the boot. I fully understand the deal. Even starting off small and proving myself.

I have noticed a lot of posters here saying that they have had the opportunity to trade prop firms . Really that's all i'm looking for is an opportunity.

What are the chances of me getting an opportunity like this with your firm?

You can PM me with the details. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

James Peck

#12     May 9, 2012
  3. londonkid

londonkid

Hi Don

I think you have got me confused with another poster. I am not looking to open a branch.

When I am next in Vegas though I will come in and see Bright.

all the best

londonkid.

#13     May 9, 2012