So will the market continue downward?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Alex the Great, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Sorry for being inexperienced. Today was not a world changing day, but I'm interested in its predicted aftermath. Has history shown us that, in the next few weeks, the US market will rebound, or will it continue downward? I want some historical data of the weeks following days like these.

2. With all due respect, what happened today wasn't all that climatic. Leave it to the major news networks to find some way to word it so that they could get people scared.

Today was a correction that was probably set off by China. Today wasn't a "huge" drop -- it was a correction (and a mild one at that).

3.5% down? There have been far worse days (1987?) ...

Think of this as a nice clearance sale on good quality stocks if you're in it for the long-term.

3. S2007S

S2007S

3 months of gains lost in ONE DAY

4. So what? What if each day that gain was .00000001%? Again, it is just using carefully crafted terminology to scare people out of the market so that the smart ones can get better discounts on long-term positions.

I've lost more than 3 months of gains in one drunken night in Vegas!

5. S2007S

S2007S

What im saying is how quick things can turn around. All gains wiped out in hours....tomorrow is another day however keep a close watch on the asian markets. Im bearish however ill be buying a little on this dip.

6. Mvic

Mvic

No not done, just getting started. China was not the impetus for thsi move, it was the subprime fiasco contagion and perhaps the move in the yen. If you don't know what is going in in CDO and CDs land, how credit ratings are about be to reset, and how this impact will be felt potentially all the way up to the top banks then you just have no clue of the potential for problems here. Good luck.

7. <i>"So what? What if each day that gain was .00000001%? Again, it is just using carefully crafted terminology to scare people out of the market so that the smart ones can get better discounts on long-term positions.

I've lost more than 3 months of gains in one drunken night in Vegas!"</i>

Pretty much the same things I heard from traders back in early September 2000.

Don't be in a hurry to call bottoms here. Volume matters... none on the way up for three months, all of it on the way down past two days.