So will Monday be Black Monday for real this time?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkhoi

nkhoi

NO!

#51     Jul 26, 2008
  2. I can not believe this... The "expectation" that I have had for nearly a year is now being predicted. And I even agree with the reasoning. Until now, this has been viewed as "outlandish" by my peers! I've NEVER predicted or traded based solely on the expectation, but it has been over six months since my best day ever!

Whether it's Monday, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, or whenever, I just "hope" to be at my trading rig when it occurs.

For those who don't know what the 3rd quarter circuit breaker levels are for equity index futures, here ya go. The first is dated and official.
    The second was preliminary and contains some important procedural details.
    http://www.cmegroup.com/company/membership/membernet/files/20080707S-4731.pdf
    http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/files/EquityIndexPriceLimitGuide.pdf

Buy Buy. :eek:
    Osorico

#52     Jul 26, 2008
  3. The Kin... we have some "good" news:
    1. Housing bailout bill passed
    2. Oil came down
    3. Durable goods order up "unexpectedly"
    4. Home sales "beat estimates"
    5. S&P should go to 1310 - 1320 first.

It may happen, although I have some doubt it will happen within the timeframe you specified, but I could very well be wrong :) Rally first, no?

#53     Jul 27, 2008
  4. Rally first to 1300-1320.

Then we see.

#54     Jul 27, 2008
  5. The valuations on us dollar and equities make our markets and us assets cheap, no crash, no black anything. Markets work, give it time. Exports are booming, repatriating energy dollars. Account deficits financed by same dollars just as the Japanese did in the 80's as the sun started setting there. Markets work, long term rates are up and banks can get back in the business of making money lending money instead of leveraging up. Stability and certanity abounds, always darkest before the dawn. Nothing is different this time, the rule of recency abounds. Study some history.

#55     Jul 27, 2008
  6. No reason for tomorrow to be a huge down day

#56     Jul 27, 2008
  7. vikasd

vikasd

Markets are in oversold condition, yet no buyers. We need to trade at 30-35% down from nearest peak before we can claim markets will rebound.

#57     Jul 27, 2008
  8. Thats usually when we have one.

#58     Jul 27, 2008
  9. Correct, considering the problems the market should be lower from its highs. You can thank the Fed sponsored rallies for being at this level.

#59     Jul 27, 2008
  10. More "conspiracy" theories . . .
    Yawn.

#60     Jul 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.