So will Monday be Black Monday for real this time?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Wow. Welcome to my ignore list.

#21     Jun 9, 2008
  2. A little over 3 hours to go and the suggestion of today being Black Monday seems ridiculous. I'll guess we'll just have to wait till Amazing Rennick's crystal ball offers the final word of the day.

#22     Jun 9, 2008
  3. capmac

capmac

:D

#23     Jun 20, 2008
  4. Care to enlighten us as to HOW you are POSITIONED for "Black Monday"?
    Otherwise, this thread is pretty much useless. and without any constructive value whatsoever.

That's what really counts.
    Making money.
    Period.

What are you short?
    At what prices? And where is your stop?
    How are you positioned for a "Black Monday"?

#24     Jun 20, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

For the last 2 months I have been tuning into some of the segments on on cnbc and everytime I listened to it the talking heads were saying buy, buy, buy. HAHAHA, what fools, I have to laugh. They said the credit crisis was over, HAHAHA. This is just toooo funny, this is far from over like I have been repeating myself a 1000 times already. There is no more bull market, there is no more goldilocks. I moved my targets further down on becoming bullish and will become bullish around 10750-11k. Until then there is really no reason to get too bullish. Maybe for a bounce you can get a little bullish, I did today with a little DDM.

#25     Jun 20, 2008
  6. sammybea

sammybea

is this black monday? Sorry.. but somebody else has to be thinking this except me. Oil down... but no effect on stocks?

#26     Jul 7, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

DOW down 100+ or even 500+ isnt considered black monday, a dow down 1000+ would be somewhat close to a black monday.....

#27     Jul 7, 2008
  8. sammybea

sammybea

indeed.. but the day isn't over. I have some straddles on, but staying light.

#28     Jul 7, 2008
  9. Monday will most likley be green, but any rumours this weekend a la Bear Sterns?

Can Freddie and Fannie borrow from the discount window or not?
    Is LEH filing for bankruptcy next week?
    Will IndyMac cause a bankrun on other FDIC watchlist banks?

#29     Jul 12, 2008
  10. list of banks?...where

:)
    http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/banklist.html

failed...

about to fail?

#30     Jul 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.