So will Monday be Black Monday for real this time?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An 8:30 AM announcement from Ben would give the shorts skidmarks.

#11     Jun 8, 2008
  2. How, he can't cut rate unless he wants crude closing in on a 1000.

#12     Jun 8, 2008
  3. No one tips their hand in a game of skill surf, and I believe you know that better than anyone. Operative word is "fully", subtle cues are always laid far ahead of the BIG ONE, not tomorrow unless you are long at the right point, may be a very nice relative small one to the upside from the r/r perspective.

#13     Jun 8, 2008

4. no offense...but, to me you sound like a guy who is reacting emotionaly to friday's action. the way i see the macro are that things are never as good as they seem and never as bad.

just calm down. i will give you some mention to #4 for the erie similarity to how wwI started.

#14     Jun 8, 2008
  5. futures are flat

#15     Jun 8, 2008
  6. learning to detect sarcasm is extremely useful in life.

#16     Jun 8, 2008
  7. vikasd

vikasd

The futures are all up right now. But if Oil open up and keeps heading up; anything is possible. May a crash is what we need to get out of this weird market.

#17     Jun 8, 2008
  8. It's 12:30 and financial markets appear to be functioning normally. Crude is steady while the Yen has fallen off its highs for today. Stay tunned for possible Black Monday 2008.

#18     Jun 9, 2008
  9. When people in my room start asking me to predict the next support or resistance (during the same day) I always whip out my 13 guaranteed predictions.

They are more accurate than our real trading record. They are:

Today's Market Prediction
    By Alex L. Wasilewski

1) If you trade without a stop loss actually placed in the trading platform:
    YOU WILL LOSE MONEY TODAY

2) If you trade more than 10 times today:

3) If you trade against the trend without waiting for ALL your conditions to be met:

4) If you jump from trading method to trading method on a hot tip:

5) If you only take trades that meet your market prediction for today:

6) If you are here to make friends:

7) If you believe people who tell you it is possible to make 90% profitable trades:

8) If you believe you can become a professional trader, brain surgeon, trial attorney, engineer, or CPA in 30 days:

9) If you believe the market will go up today:

10) If you believe the market will go down today:

11) If you believe that there are traders who have secret knowledge of secret trading methods that you can plug into a computer, auto trade, set it and forget it:

12) If you follow your rules, and even after entering the perfect setup, seeing that setup bring you a loss, then letting that loss make you ill, angry, sad, jealous, fearful, or frustrated:

13) If you always try to pick exact tops and bottoms without waiting for the evidence of a top or a bottom:

But so far this is my plan going in to today's trading, subject to many adjustments.

If the YM rallies to a previous hourly low of 12308 and begins to fail, I will short it again.

If we break a little below 12138, a previous swing low, I will look for a long counter trend trade to return into the first hour opening low.

We will see.

Successfully,

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 (1-877-465-6641)

#19     Jun 9, 2008
  10. vikasd

vikasd

The biggest threat to global economy is inflation. Central banks around the world are tightning except the US. That is weakening the dollar. I would bet money that Fed increases rates next meeting even as the risk to growth is high.

#20     Jun 9, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.