So, Why Should The Palestinians Get A State?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 23, 2011.

1. I thought israeli was created after ww2? for the jews to go to? no?British palentine?if my memory serves me correct

#11     Sep 24, 2011
  2. simple quesation- why shouldnt they?

#12     Sep 24, 2011
  3. There will not be a Palestinian State. Our Great Leader mohammad Obama has created a situation in the middle east that is a power keg ready to explode. He has not stood in support of our ally Isreal. He has emboldened the arabs to consider the time has come to start a war with the jews. He has done this thru his pathetic weakness as a leader. When this war breaks out the jews will crush the arabs once and for all and take more land. The blood will be on Obamas Hands!!!!!!!

#13     Sep 24, 2011
  4. Palestinians are a bunch of Muslim Terrorists.

We and our Israeli brothers need to attack them in the West Bank as well as Gaza.

We and Israel should not risk ground troops but should simply hit them from the air with F16s, Apaches and the generous use of daisy cutter bombings.

Surviving Palis should be allowed free passage out of Israel and into Jordan, their homeland. Female Pali Terrorists who wish to leave Israel should be strip-searched for bombs.

#14     Sep 24, 2011
  5. wildchild

wildchild

I have a question on this whole thing. I hear people on TV and in general conversation say "I understand why the US is with the Israelis" but they either never bother to explain what their understanding is, or they refuse to say.

Can anybody spell it out and explain what interest the United States has in this whole dispute?

The way I see it, you have one side who targets civilians on a regular basis and thinks that this is a means to gain. The other side thinks they belong there because God wants them there.

#15     Sep 24, 2011
  6. No, JJ, I'm not Jewish - but a wannabe Jew maybe. I was putting you on because your posts seem a little too tough. I'm sympathetic to both Palestinians and Israelis because they seem to be trapped in a hopeless situation.

We all know why, following the Holocaust, the Jews had to have some place they could call their own.. and they had an historical argument for returning to the ancient homeland. On the other hand the Palestinians had been there for a couple of thousand years and weren't responsible for the way Europeans treated the Jews.

I realize there's so much more to it than that and that's why I feel it's likely to go unresolved for a long, long time. Even if Israel is willing to make concessions there will always be a radical element pretending to represent the Palestinians keeping hostilities going.

I think the only solution is general prosperity in the region. When the Palestinians have something to lose other than their misery and humiliation they'll be less eager to accommodate militants dedicated to the annihilation of Israel.

#16     Sep 24, 2011
  7. Following the Holocaust a guilt-ridden world decided to ease its conscience by providing the Jews with a place to call their own. Palestine, formerly Israel, and a British protectorate already largely populated by Jews, seemed the only credible setting so in '47 the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine divided Palestine into 2 states - one Jewish, one Arab. The borders between these states were somewhat poorly designed and conflict between Jews and Palestinians escalated. The Jews decided the only chance for peace would be a war that would more clearly define Israel's borders and make the state more defensible.

The US, the world's dominant power and the number one player at the United Nations was the first nation (at the UN) to officially support the establishment of Israel. As the decades passed the US became more and more Israel's chief supporter. Israel was the only democracy in the region and shared America's security concerns in the region - especially in countering growing Soviet influence with the Arabs. Having made a heavy commitment to Israel the US can't now honorably withdraw its support even if there were no strategic value to continuing its relations with Israel because such an American withdrawal might bring about the destruction of Israel and would be interpreted by the world as proof of America's weakness and unreliability.

Also, the US and Israel are involved in many joint weapons development programs and Israel has one of the world's most sophisticated militaries in spite of its tiny size (<8 million people). Israel is the only country with a national ABM system. The US military has adopted many weapons ideas conceived by Israeli scientists and engineers.

Some in the US are calling for the cessation of US support because, as they claim, Israel is now a nuclear power with 300 nuclear weapons and is no longer in need of US aid. Israel does not officially claim to have nuclear weapons but doesn't do much to discourage the general belief that it has. Some pundits speculate that Israel has no such weapons but sees value in having its enemies believe that it does. Other experts claim that material evidence indicates that Israel must have some degree of nuclear weaponry.

#17     Sep 24, 2011
  8. I say reverse that and send Jews someplace else.

#18     Sep 24, 2011
  9. rew

rew

Irgun was a bunch of Jewish terrorists. As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

#19     Sep 24, 2011
  10. They already did that. The Jews were someplace else before WWII. They didnt like the Jews in Poland, Germany, Netherlands and everywhere else they were, so they gave them their own country and sent them there. They shouldnt have to move again only to put up with the same shit they did pre-WWII. Its the palestinains turn to move their asses.

#20     Sep 24, 2011