So why did the market just pop up

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bond_trad3r, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Wrong - price rises when the offer trades out and goes bid, that requires more buying than selling at that price. Ditto for the next offer, ad infinitum, as price rises. You seem to be confusing demand at a given price, with filled trades. Filled trades are not a requirement for a market price to change, for example in an auction NO trades take place until the final one, yet the price changes many times as it goes up.

Aggressiveness is completely irrelevant. An ultra-aggressive 1 lot seller is overwhelmed by a cautious 2 lot buyer, etc.

P.S. lol that this is your 3rd post in almost a decade - you didn't see anything worth posting on for years, then pop up to make a semantic quibble, one that you got wrong anyway? Hehehe

#21     Jul 21, 2011
  2. this is from stockcharts. i guess they could be wrong in that they started to report AH.

#22     Jul 21, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Too funny.

Svata....To make it more simple, today, demand overwhelmed supply: More buyers than sellers.

#23     Jul 21, 2011
  4. gtor514

gtor514

For me. I believe today's action hinged on the news out of Europe. The eur/usd prior to the news was at the confluence of the 50 and 100 DMA. A cross is extremely bullish or bearish so you can expect alot of buying and selling there. (Just look at all the crosses over the last couple of years.) Anyway, I expected the results from the EU meeting to be positive based on all the opinion prior to the meeting.

Sure enough, the initial reports from the meeting were good. Risk was back on. The Euro rallied, the S&P rallied.

#24     Jul 21, 2011
  5. iprph90

iprph90

#25     Jul 21, 2011
  6. noddyboy

noddyboy

Shortie -- try plotting IVV. SPY has some bad prints.

#26     Jul 21, 2011
  7. will848

will848

Europe decided to ignore all their problems, and so they rallied. So we rallied.

#27     Jul 21, 2011
  8. great! it works

stockcharts should get their act together

p.s. they have probably added AH for several liquid ETFs such as QQQ and SPY

#28     Jul 21, 2011
  9. As seen in sticky chart at blog, monthly chart has been tracking sideways this year. This distribution and topping signifies that the big picture uptrend is ending and a significant downtrend will follow.
    http://stockmarket618.wordpress.com

#29     Jul 21, 2011