So, which city gets the first dirty bomb?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Feb 1, 2011.

1. If I was a muslim terrorist I would hit either Washington DC or Los Angeles, if I really wanted to make an impact. (Los angeles because of the movie industry there that influences thinking in modern arab countries)

If I just wanted to piss off the government of the US, I would hit a city like Houston, or Miami...maybe even des moines. Something where the people would want to come to war with my people and we could battle it out old school, because I live for hiding in caves and taking pot shots at americans while they are driving away and yelling "Look they are running from us...we win!"

#11     Feb 3, 2011
  2. New Orleans or some particularly blighted inner city would be a good choice because it would be another "blame whitey" conspiracy and lead to more calls for erosion of civil liberties , hate speech etc etc on conservatives and libertarians.

#12     Feb 3, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't know which city gets it first but I am surprised it hasn't already happened. There is practically noting stopping them. With open borders and incompetent so called "security" agencies like Homeland and TSA.
    For that matter I believe the last two airline bombing attempts weren't even stopped by TSA; but by the passengers AFTER the would be bombers got on board.

There's a couple of perfect examples of individual citizens doing a better and more cost effective job than big government.

#13     Feb 3, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

But Big Sis is right there to take credit for stopping them and say "the system works". I can't stand her.

I would guess Paris is the most likely place for the first dirty bomb. They don't want to risk trying to get the material into the U.S. (although NYC would be their desired U.S. target) and France is getting closer to the U.S. London has too many cameras and is becoming effective at stopping bombers. So, Paris is the most likely initial target for a dirty bomb.

#14     Feb 3, 2011
  5. TGregg

TGregg

NYC or DC would be my guess.

I'm pleasently surprised that they haven't done this yet. It's only a matter of time before one of these nutjobs gets lucky. Fortunately they face massive obstacles thanks to their ignorance and raw stupidity. Not to mention all that goat-shagging. :D

#15     Feb 3, 2011
  6. London, maybe Madrid. Easy targets with many Radical Islamists on-site to coordinate the attack.

#16     Feb 3, 2011
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I get a strong impression of bumbling incompetency from her which honestly scares me. Its just the vacant stare I guess.

My OP is actually a little misleading because plutonium or uranium wouldn't likely be in a dirty bomb.

The bad guys have been collecting other nuclear material like stuff that is used in dentistry and university science applications. Real low grade stuff but enough of it spread by a conventional bomb will still have the result of causing a total evacuation. I saw a show about it and they discussed the idea that you couldn't clean it up and the area would have to be abandoned to allow the isotopes to decay sufficiently.

#17     Feb 3, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Didn't Spain basically comply with the terrorist demands after the train bombing and change of government? They pulled their troops out of Iraq, right?

The bad guys seem to be ranting about France lately.

#18     Feb 3, 2011
  9. cstfx

cstfx

In US, San Diego (ripe with military targets and easier to place once smuggled in from the south - getting the necessary parts north to cities such as DC, Chicago, or NYC would need well planned logistics - too high a risk of discovery)

In Europe, London edging out over Paris - HBO already did a movie about this. Paris is Muslim central of the "war" to convert Europe to Islam - if AQ was going to detonate a bomb, then it would not be in a city of believers but rather the infidels. London also still being a financial center is an obvious target

They may also set off a bomb in a less strategic place (it would be easier than trying to do it in either US or Europe) just to let the world they now have the bomb. It would change the world dynamic.

#19     Feb 3, 2011
  10. cstfx

cstfx

Nah, she's just tired.

[​IMG]

#20     Feb 3, 2011