So where's this extended backfill that was due "mid-next week" by IB ??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by EchoTrader, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Too late. I have been on a bender since the 4th and I have finally
    run out of money to buy even myself a drink... :D

#11     Jul 11, 2005
  2. just21

1) Are you a registered user of QuoteTracker? If not, you will get max 2 days regardless of what datafeed

2) If you are registered, but are only getting the 2 days, it might be a problem that we are looking into.

#12     Jul 11, 2005
  3. Congrats to IB and Mr. Medved!

The 5 day backfill is working flawlessly here!

cheers!

LP

#13     Jul 12, 2005
  4. The_End

The_End

Jerry - for some reason I am still getting only two days of backfill on EMD and HKFE (I just realised this). I don't know if there are other symbols with the same issue or not. I wasn't sure if you were aware of this.

#14     Jul 13, 2005
  5. The End - we are aware of an issue that could cause it. Also, do you have QT registered? If not, then the max # of days on charts is 2

#15     Jul 13, 2005
  6. Remiraz

Remiraz

Woah, is IB taking over the brokerage industry?

I can just imagine what the CEOs say at night:

IB CEO #1 : What are we gonna do tonight Brain?
    IB CEO #2 : Same thing we do every night...

*Dark shadows fall on IB HQ. Thunder flashes across the night sky*

IB CEO #2 : TRY AND TAKE OVER THE BROKERAGE INDUSTRY!!!

#16     Jul 13, 2005
  7. The_End

The_End

Yes, QT is registered.

#17     Jul 13, 2005
  8. I have attached the backfilled 10 min chart from QT with IB backfill for the YM yesterday. I have overlayed the chart I was using yesterday from Ensign (yellow and green bars)

The QT chart doesn't look right to me. There are several bars that don't look right. My ensign chart matches fairly well with the one from prophet charts and I am sure is reasonably accurate, as I was watching the chart yesterday. Don't know what the problem is but I won't use QT until the chart is showing the correct prices.

#18     Jul 14, 2005
  9. iv traded beside other traders..same everything..and had different price charts and stuff as a final outcome..its just funky and way it is..its near imposible to seemly match up 2 together nowdays..i dunno if its a lag feed between diff ppl/services..or what..but its anoying.

#19     Jul 14, 2005
  10. I think there is a slight time lag with the QT chart, as it looks to be slightly behind my ensign chart. Just checked the clock on my PC and it is 4 seconds out but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Just did an overlay for ensign and prophet charts and they are identical. Ensign probably uses the same source as prophet for their backfill and they do adjust the chart slightly during the day but it is not as far out as the QT one.

#20     Jul 14, 2005