So where are they now?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jan 22, 2007.

1. From all the beginner threads on here, I decided to do a back ground check on how many of these threads are here on ET. Many of the common key words like "New", "indicator", "college"..etc... came up with 1000's of results, so I only listed a few.

1. New trader need help by joytrader

2. more questions by squirrel

3. trading advice needed by kevink00

4. new trader journal by m c a98

5. please help by neo hr

6. day trading losers by armanian

7. help: beyond intraday trading by hitman

8. please help newbies by neo hr

9 newbie question by robzxcubnm

10. swing or scalp by karabugla

11. just starting, need advice by vladiator

.... I've been on ET a while, and most of these people I've never herd of before. Either they came back on ET with new names, just gave up, or blew up. I feel fortunate that I'm still here as I know I've had my fair share of newbie questions myself.

It really boils down to how bad you want it... I think most people see the way trading really is and they get discouraged.

However if you're reading this and you're new to trading, use the search feature and look up the titles of these threads... many ask the same questions, but the answers from the more experienced traders can be helpful.

cm69

2. mtb4u

mtb4u

I'm a "newbie" to the world of trading, and from just the few days I've been online with you guys, I've learned tons. I hope to learn more, so I'm sticking around.

Thanks for posting this, sir. I sincerely appreciate your attitude and purpose.

Cheers!

3. 4re

4re

Cash,
    It is amazing how they come and go isn't it. I used to get PM's from newbies all the time and I wonder what has happened to them as well.

Gary

4. I think because their perception of this field was way off.

I'm sure you've read the book by Van Tharp "Financial freedom through direct access trading" where the introduction to the book is about some guy who trades Intel, and makes 15,000 in one hr, then eats banana nut bread with his wife, and later goes to play golf the rest of the day.

These new guys probably figured it out and went

"Wait a minute!...you're telling me that those days are over, and my chances of making it in this business is 20% or less?... I actually have to study, and learn things?!!... well screw this, I quit!"

lol