So where are the "buy the dips"?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tubytrader, Jan 26, 2007.

1. What does that mean?

#41     Jan 26, 2007
  2. Well next time man up and be here when it's going against you and I wont think you are a big girls blouse

#42     Jan 26, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Lets see,

I went long BA at 85.15, sold out once it dropped below 85 but of course after selling it, it jumped back past 85.50, :p

Then later on I took advantage of the IYT sale, went long at $84.15, saw it dip even further to 84, wasnt going to sell too soon, so I waited and waited, eventually it came back to around 84.15 so I sold, now its trading at $84.44, so another loser today.

I bought the dips and as soon as I did the market fell harder only to return to nearly flat by 4pm.

This market is not as easy as it looks to trade. As soon as I decide to take advantage of the dip the market takes another swing lower. Always have next week. Looking ahead too google earnings. Thats good for a 30-40 point swing either way wednesday night.
    As for the overall market, still looks strong and looks like next week if GOOG does well the Nasdaq could be at new highs for the year.

#43     Jan 26, 2007
  4. Today was an EXCELLENT day for "Buying the dip".. Kudos to all that participated.

#44     Jan 26, 2007

5. No it was an excellent day to go short in the morning then long in the afternoon... you guys are retarded if you cant see that

#45     Jan 26, 2007
  6. Congratulations. It really feels good with 100% up room to go in the major indexes while there is astoundingly little (I would almost say ZERO!!!!!!!!!) risk, especially when you hold overnight or over weekend.

#46     Jan 26, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

By the way im still bearish on this market, but I do think there is slight room for more gains. Todays housing numbers were in my opinion bullish for the market. After todays number more talking heads are showing that a bottom has taken place and that housing should resume its upwards trend starting in the spring/summer time. How far this rally can go is anyones guess. Taking advantage of these dips will work on week to week basis however I do see a pullback in the next 3 months. I would get bullish at DOW 11500 and nasdaq 2250.

#47     Jan 26, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

I hope your not saying this because its 3:57pm and it has already taken place....

#48     Jan 26, 2007
  9. And especially when you buy at the price you did

Did you forget you told us yesterday when you were buying?

you've been buying tops :)

#49     Jan 26, 2007
  10. Here's the secret. Forget what they taught you about trading. The key is to shut off your brain. Just buy the dip on margin, then quickly switch off the monitors and get away from the computer as fast as you can. DO NOT WATCH THE TRADES!!!! THAT'S KEY. LET THEM RIDE!!!!

Don't interfere with the longs, and don't panic. All the trading wisdom they teach is not required if you have the PPT to watch your back. ENJOY 100% NO RISK FREE CASH!

#50     Jan 26, 2007