So when is the voting scheduled?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by forsalenyc, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Just so everyone knows - despite the great length and bullshit added to this 'new' bill, it's essentially the same old horseshit.

The only changes are that this new 450 pager contains provisions for tax credits (minor at that) for alternative energy and some other trivial things, and that it raises FDIC single account holder insurance from 100k to 250k.

#11     Oct 1, 2008
  2. jprad

jprad

It's A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BILL!!!

Here's the one the House defeated on Monday:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:H.R.3997:

And, here's the one the Senate will vote on tonight.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:H.R.1424:

#12     Oct 1, 2008
  3. #13     Oct 1, 2008
  4. thats a joke too.

ask yourself, how many people actually have between 100K and 250K sitting in a bank account?95% of Americans dont even have 10K, and I think Im being conservative there.

to switch a vote just based on that and some green tax credits is stupidity.

#14     Oct 1, 2008
  5. jprad

jprad

Yep. Read the notes section of each bill.

#15     Oct 1, 2008
  6. jprad

jprad

The change will still help some people, but it'll help a hell of a lot more small businesses.

#16     Oct 1, 2008
  7. It's at 2:15 am CST. They are following the same plot when they passed the Federal Reserve act.

Put it up for a vote after they spike the water fountain with liquid valium. What ever it takes Hankey Pankey is going to reward the stooges who can’t run a legitimate business.

Today when I was picking up my son from school ther was a brannew Volvo with red tags on it right in frount of mwe. I tought hey you can't have that new car, they arnt making loans hahahaha.

Every one I talk to from the car dealers to mortgage originators its business as usual.

#17     Oct 1, 2008
  8. Just heard a radio interview with Senator Feinstein of CA. She said that the Senate has to vote on a trade bill pertaining to India at 7:30EDT and she thought they would get to the bailout bill by 8:30 to 9:00EDT. The bill should pass, but the vote tally estimate varies from mid 60's to low 80's...

#18     Oct 1, 2008
  9. #19     Oct 1, 2008
  10. CONFIRMS FRIDAY'S HOUSE VOTE ON THE BAILOUT PLAN; NOT SURE IF THERE ARE ENOUGH VOTES FOR PASSAGE - CNBC

That came across my news so not sure if they moved it or not.

#20     Oct 1, 2008