So what does everyone think about Wide Range Bar analysis?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by FortuneTeller, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

But always remember, Targets are only valid after they've been hit, and there might be a better target.

#41     Jan 12, 2021
  2. easymon1

easymon1

#42     Jan 12, 2021
  3. S-Trader

S-Trader

Ok, but if you change your candlestick timeframe to a smaller timeframe, a WRB will not "become a NRB" as you stated (unless you're including a gap). Imo, it'll become a *series* of two or more bars. And depending on your definition of what is "wide," "narrow," and "medium," it'll become a series of bars consisting of any possible combination/permutation of any or all of the three -- WRB, NRB and MRB. Never just one NRB, and very rarely even all NRBs, since by most people's definition, they simply won't "add up" to a WRB. (Again, unless you're including gaps).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    #43     Jan 12, 2021
  4. Some use wide range bars for targets like I showed in that chart above. IF no wide range bars show up, it's a good idea to get out with a small wrb or just get the hell out if price stalls. And yes, you can hold for a PT 2 or longer if the price action warrants it so trailing your stop is a good idea. With trading ES, it likes to snapback a lot so it's usually a good thing to take a profit when it is staring you in the face.

#44     Jan 12, 2021
  5. I totally agree.

#45     Jan 12, 2021
  6. #46     Jan 12, 2021
  7. So what happened after the Wide Range Bar profit taking:

upload_2021-1-12_17-18-47.png

#47     Jan 12, 2021
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Doesn't look like tradeable live info to me, it's the normal obvious after the fact, useless live, so the only way to make $$$$$s is to setup a site and sell the concept to no clue newbies because it's obvious after but there fault they cant see live lol

#48     Jan 13, 2021
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

FortuneTeller will not post live trades of him using Wide Range Bar Analysis...he can only post hindsight chart analysis (after the fact). :wtf:

There's no edge there for him with Wide Range Bar Analysis. He should move on to another trade method. Maybe try price moving average indicators like EMA / WMA...I heard that's working well these days.

Even better, he should start a trade journal instead of posting hindsight chart analysis or delayed live calls (minutes or days late)...

Maybe he should go to E2T because I heard they are really good at helping clueless traders.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    #49     Jan 13, 2021
  10. easymon1

easymon1