So, what does a good trader make per month?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Busta21

Busta21

Just saw this. Depends, if you are conservative or aggressive. Weekly options for direction type trades on high beta names allow for this type of profits. The problem is that most people on these forums are uneducated and do not actually trade or dont have the balls too. $4K is a real goal/number. You'll need about $100,000 to do it - give or take but its possible. Then again, some people just want to make $200 a day. Depends on your lifestyle.

#41     Dec 22, 2013
  2. Busta21

Busta21

AMEN. Someone speaking some sense.

#42     Dec 22, 2013
  3. whatever happened to that guy?

#43     Dec 22, 2013
  4. jinxu

jinxu

Last I heard he was dating a Playboy model.

#44     Dec 22, 2013
  5. a institutional trader at a hedge fund with 50 million in assets or book of business

can make over 7 figures. it depends on your book of business or and you don't play with other people's money. big money is managing and trading other people's money and

only difference between a professional or individual is a professional is anyone trading or managing other people's money. you pay more for software and data fees if you are a 'professional'. 99% of the market is professionals' it's other people's money they are trading or investing with.

#45     Dec 23, 2013
  6. jb3398

jb3398

This question is not applicable to trading. It's like telling someone to meet me next week? WHAT !!!

A reasonable intelligent person would need more specific information like: date, time, location and reason.

Traders trade options, currency and securities. Taking into consideration, buying power and trade patterns that will vary drastically.

$4k a month is pretty good with $100K if it's leverage. If it is cash on hand and your leveraging that money retail, ($400K) well that about 1% which is better than 0%. With a prop firm that would afford you 2 million or more in buying power. That $4k a month is what you should be making a weekly or bi-weekly being cautious. Smart traders with 2M can earn that in one trade, on a good day.

Your earnings u can be proud of. Trading tip if your trading retail buy $50k shares of FNMA and earn $500 per penny. That stocks moves 4-5 cents a day. All you want is .005-.01 ($250-$500) a day. Get out if u fall below a penny in one execution, shut down the computer and walk away. I've done fairly well with just that stock. It not unusual to see $750 in one trade. However you have to catch that stock at 9:30 and have executed a trade no later than 9:40. By 10 am on most days you will be done and out, if all you want is a penny. Which is usually all I want.

Don't increase your risk, increase your buying power without being noticed.

On a side note generally speaking that same $100K with an investment firm would net you $1k a month. I have a government job and my co-workers who have investment accounts with $150k cash earn $1200 a month. Too afraid to trade their own money. The best thing I can do is trade, let them view my results and take the money out of the firms hands into mine :D :D :D

#46     Dec 29, 2013
  7. cmb

cmb Guest

Earning 1k a month on your 150k is not a bad thing. If I had 150k sitting around..U can take 140k of it and let it sit there and draw 1k a month. Then take your 10k to a bucket shop where u will get 200k-300k buying power and use that to make another 4k per month.

Then at least if you scratch a month...you still have 1k coming in to buy some pasta and butter to eat :D

#47     Dec 29, 2013
  8. Some of you seem to be living in a fart cloud.

#48     Dec 29, 2013
  9. jb3398

jb3398

Please tell me with the preceding post you were joking :D :D

You just admitted you like being pimped! :confused:

If you have $140k with a retail account that $560K in buying power. If you want $1200 a month only hit me up.....

Why not give your money to the Wolf of Wallstreet and ask Jordan Belfort to invest your money for you. Have him open up a subsidiary of Stratton Oakmont Investment firm...

By the way that was a AWESOME movie...

http://www.thewolfofwallstreet.com/

#49     Dec 29, 2013
  10. roy37

roy37

I am newbie..i am so excited with this thread, and I like your word : IK a day keeps the boss away..haha

#50     Dec 30, 2013