So, what does a good trader make per month?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, Mar 2, 2013.

1. timcar

timcar

Would like to make 4k a month

#21     Mar 16, 2013
  2. Busta21

Busta21

blow me you backwoods hick. I was private school educated and have a BA from Stern , if you weren't so lazy and dumb you could probably do the same. Go trade apple options you loser.

#22     Mar 16, 2013
  3. Hi Bat1,

Take a look at the Trader P/L 2013 journal thread here at Elitetrader.

In particular, see posts by Lintagoose and sellindexvol66.

Also check out the trader whose nom de plume is une mon, though I'm not completely sure what to think about his results...

#23     Mar 16, 2013
  4. Busta21

Busta21

4K a month on $100K is legit my man. Try trading E-mini or CL if you have not, that, in my opinion will step your game up.

#24     Mar 16, 2013
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Really not worth dealing with people and have to actually show up each day to work, and work it will be. Even with calling signals, showing brokerage statements, 80% of the folks who spend a few hundred bucks a month still lose money, funnier than hell. They all try to guess when signals come before calling them out or fade the signals...

I am now pretty much don't leave my bedroom, have a mountain of medical problems. I have a staff of eleven that work for me three shifts, so based on net worth they net me 10-20% a year daytrading. But still been doing better in longer term stock (trading the Dow30 both stocks and options(selling prem)) & commodities.

I still believe if I was just getting into trading and was making 6k in a salary, I would keep the job/bennies and do longer term trading. Much less stress, actually have a life beyond trading, watch the kids grow. There truly no reason why anyone can't doing some simple backtesting over several months and at least do 50% a year. But trading in and out often kills any chances of nice gap moves.

#25     Mar 16, 2013
  6. Whenever, I hear the answer $4K a day or month I chuckle. There is a whole lot of paying your dues between $0K and $4K a day or month.

I would rather see some one swing trade on daily charts making a $100 a day ($25K year) to start than shoot for the moon. That way you can keep the day job. There is too much to learn about yourself, the markets and your emotions to start in a big arena. So play in a small arena with smaller risks to start and get the stars out of your eyes.
    :D

#26     Mar 16, 2013

7. Could you list your limitations if you are aware of them?

Listing one data point when income is exponential is strange to expect to be posted.

#27     Mar 18, 2013
  8. Some things you post,requires clarification.Why do you hide in the bushes like a little byatch,when someone asks you for the clarification?

#28     Mar 18, 2013
  9. All things I post require clarification by someone out there.

At some point you may recognize what is going on.

I am not in the bushes; you do see bushes simply because the manicured grass that is prepared for me to walk on looks like bushes from where you are crawling.

Watch out for grasshoppers, they may poop on you just like I do for laughs.

The person I posted to is not going to step up and answer correctly.

#29     Mar 18, 2013
  10. didn`t know you were so small...looks like you are a gnome

#30     Mar 18, 2013