So, what does a good trader make per month?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, Mar 2, 2013.

1. If you only making 4k out of 100k then you are better off writing small loans and charging high % rates. i.e. prosper and the likes.

#11     Mar 8, 2013
  2. amgrant

amgrant

I haven't posted on this site in a long time but thought I would chime in and echo what another poster said with respect to consistency. I am a perfect example of a reasonably small trader but who trades very, very consistently - that has always been my objective. Consistency sets you apart from the pack. Sounds cliche, but focus on that and profits come. With consistency even a 'small' trader can do extremely well.

#12     Mar 8, 2013
  3. Bob111

Bob111

define good trader.

#13     Mar 8, 2013
  4. ammo

ammo

depends on how long you've been trading, for a rook thats good,the longer your at it, the more setups you will see,that builds, you are a business and have to build yourself,learn to take setups and sit on your hands, and learn how to take losses quickly,you won't be giving it back

#14     Mar 8, 2013
  5. Last time I talked to an intern I learned that you cannot make 2K at McD

It is more like 1K to 1.5K because they do not give you the hours. =)

I am talking about Canada though.

#15     Mar 8, 2013
  6. don't they make something like a million a month or more?

so if you're only making 4k you are not very good

if you want to be good, try to make a million next month

you'll need all that because they also pay a lot of taxes

#16     Mar 8, 2013
  7. A "smart" trader charges 50 people $50 a month for a chat room.

now they make $30k a year "educating".

fund an account for $5k and show live trades. hopefully don't lose all of that.

upsell every day......sell books, seminars, whatever...

gotta have an annuity....

and a really smart trader hires others to run the chat room and sell seminars.....while they talk about selling the business.

#17     Mar 8, 2013
  8. ammo

ammo

smart trader takes money from you on all the trades, win loss scratch,clearing firm

#18     Mar 9, 2013
  9. Is that what they call an "Edge"?

#19     Mar 9, 2013
  10. yeah busta show us your 4k a day lifestyle. i call bullshit on you. your name fits, you are a real buster.

#20     Mar 9, 2013