So what do you say about this market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz2, Jan 14, 2003.

1. js1257

js1257

qdz you should get out of this biz, all you do is whine, whine , whine

#31     Jan 17, 2003
  2. qdz2

qdz2

Why do you have an option that whining does not get along with trading? Please give me a reason. I might consider it.

:p

#32     Jan 17, 2003
  3. on whining...

why?

Because you have to deal with the cards u are dealt in trading... u know the rules. If you decide to play... you play by them until they cahnge. Efforts on anyone's part to change the rules and even the playing field, are noble, and yes, there have been changes over the years. But your whining as much as u do on every forum it seems, is not unlike a player in the NBA complaining incessantly every game about the new 8 second rule or the 24 second clock or debating every call by the ref! One who does that begins to sound like an immature fool; and very unprofessional. Not to mention, that to perform well you gotta keep the emotions in check as much as possible rather than act like every time you lose it is the "refs fault" and u had no responsibility. .. and look to blame "others"!

Tha's why!

Regards,

#33     Jan 17, 2003
  4. >>>"There is no so-called economic reason what-so-ever. Companies like Intel, Dell, TI, HP, consistently give shitty and conflicting outlooks/comments/reports"

On a more positive note... I do happen to agree with what you said, that certain leading component companies tend to play games with their numbers; and get away with since it's not outright fraud (which is hard to prove); they give a forecast and a few months later suddenly they have been over-confident after trusting investors have begun to buy these stocks based on said guidance. But I'm not sure it is an evil motive as you claim, rather it's misguided optimism in the future, themselves, their companies and it's competitive ability to make money in a slowdown...

Thus, they continue to put a positive spin to keep everyone from jumping out the windows at once on said stocks.

At the same time I am sure that martha stewart is just the very tip of the iceberg of what goes on in this country with insider trading. Anyone who believes that if a CFO or CEO or COO etc. is playing golf with a celebrity or friend or family memer, they will not leak confidential info from which these parties can buy or sell profitably, unlike the general public or even some fund managers without such connections... is a fool.

I
    :cool:

#34     Jan 17, 2003