So what do the Liberals do now that Saddam is captured?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 14, 2003.

1. What do the conservative do now that Saddam was captured? Congratulate each other for a job well done? I thought that happened with the "mission accomplished" photo op.

Do they declare that we did the right thing because Saddam is out of power? He has been out of power since April, hasn't he?

The issue remains whether or not our experiment in Iraq, i.e. the attempt to bring our brand of democracy to the middle east will work, or whether or not it was the right thing to do in the first place.

We will now hear all about the mission was to bring Saddam to justice.

First it was we had to go because of the weapons of mass destruction and the connection to the terrorists who were involved in 911.

Then it morphed into the liberation of the Iraqi people.

Now it will morph into justice for Saddam.

Is the world a better place without Saddam in power? Sure, but how about the multitude of other scumbag leaders in power? And at what cost? Most free Cubans think Cuba would be a better place without Castro, don't they? Why don't we take Castro out? Do you doubt we would find mass graves in Cuba in the same way we found them in Iraq? How about China, or North Korea, etc. Think Saddam had a monopoly on mass graves?

We got Saddam, good. Now what?

This is what liberals and other who think will do, ask the next question, NOW WHAT?

#71     Dec 15, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes, Cuba does come to mind when I think of despot.
    So do a pile of African nations, North Korea and South and Central America. Yes and some of the nations in the former Soviet Union. The world is full of despots with their own personal mass graves.
    But we can't police the whole world. We just picked the spot that will do us the most good. Yea, it IS about the OIL. Trust me, none of the neighbor nations to Iraq wanted Saddam in power either. They were afraid of what he would do too. He did try to take over a country. That is NEVER OK. Somehow we all lost sight of that. Bush Jr. is picking up where his dad left off. Should have shot Saddam years ago. IMHO.

#72     Dec 15, 2003
  3. Yep, the Taliban is pretty happy, too.

Glad my money's goin' to make Saddam's neighbors happy, because those are the folks that I want to make happy. Those saudis, iranians, kuwaitis -- yep, they're good folks.

#73     Dec 15, 2003
  4. you must be dizzy, from that spin. bunglehead.

#74     Dec 15, 2003
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Actually Romeo (sorry but I LOVE that handle) this is one of the few times I've agreed with bung. The one thing I always dug about Saddam was the reality that secular Iraq was the enemy of FAR BIGGER PRICKS. That's why I had mixed feelings about the war. In a perfect world I would have UNLEASHED him on his neighbors. BUT I still think the admin has plans on getting rid of all of the Mid East's usual suspects. Either that or this is the ultimate form of appeasement. Get rid of the most anti fundamentalist leader in the region and hope the fanatics give us our props. That strat didn't work when we supported Islamic Bosnia, doubt it'll work now. However it is curious how quiet the rhetoric from Iran, Syria, etal has become. Hmm..wonder if the clerics aren't a little scared of the trigger happy cowboy from the Lone Star state!

#75     Dec 15, 2003
  6. It's really quite funny the way all of the aliases run around and "yell and scream" in such hysterical phrases and commentary and yet have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to the State of CALIFORNIA, mainly because they have never lived here, nor are they able to construct their argument supported by factual evidence.

For someone like Maverick to go on and on and on about the alleged RED CARPET that the liberals have layed-out for the illegal aliens to cross the border and make their home here is absolutely absurd.

He obviously did not know of Proposition 187 that was passed by 59% of that so-called LIBERAL electorate back in 1994 that terminated healthcare and social services to illegal aliens, nor was he aware that this Proposition was deemed "Unconstitutional" by a Federal court, nor was Maverick knowledgeable about immigration and the INS to know that Congress and the 14th Amendment usurps anything that the State has legislated to reign in illegal immigration. Still, he goes on and on talking about this imaginary RED CARPET that attracts illegals into California.

Being one of the greatest Economies In The World with a tremendous amount of Economic diversity, from Agriculture to High Tech, and a GDP of $1.3 TRILLION DOLLARS I guess that it never occured to poor old Maverick that illegal aliens might actually be attracted to California for something as pure and simple as a JOB!

Naaaa......
    That would be far too simple a conclusion for Maverick.
    Instead, he twists his unsubstantiated rhetoric ( without any factual evidence whatsoever ) to bash the liberal "infested" Golden State at every turn.

Oh, I guess he did cite a bunch of athletes that used to have some sort of a "connection" to California like Kristi Yamaguchi or Tiger Woods that have decided to take residence elsewhere in an effort to avoid the state income tax . . . And wow, was that ever an impressive point that he made! Especially when one considers that these multi-millionaires have several homes across the country {b]AND YET STILL[/b] spend much of their time in California.

Higher relative tax rates don't seem to crimp their style, eh?
    Gee, another ridiculous Maverick argument down the tubes.

Ever wonder why all of the Formula One drivers in the World claim Monaco as their residence? Michael Schumacher, David Coulthard, Juan Pablo Montoya, Eddie Irvine, etc. And venture a guess as to how much time they actually spend there?
    Not much . . .
    Duh.

Trust me.
    After spending 10 years of my life in NYC and on the commodity floor in #4 World Trade Center not too mention another 4 years up in Fairfield County Connecticut and Newport, Rhode Island I can honestly say that California has the best lifestyle to be found in the entire Union. Do I miss the windchill of the bitter Northeast? The bugs during the Summer? The humidity? The poor roads and crummy mass transit system? The NYC tax on personal income? On Realestate?

Not at all.
    I am quite content here.

Where else can you be windsurfing in the morning off of Chrissy Field on San Francisco Bay, eating a wonderful lunch in one of the greatest wine regions of the world, and waterskiing in the Sacramento River Delta and snow skiing up at Lake Tahoe all in the same day? Throw in a little golf in Carmel, maybe a a night at the Ritz overlooking Laguna Niguel . . . or how about some surfing off Dana Point?

No my friends.
    I couldn't care less if it costs a few dollars more to live in California. It's worth it!

:p

#76     Dec 15, 2003
  7. You forgot your 7 years at the Leavenworth mental facility.

did you take your medication tonight?

Where is your other personality VNS??

#77     Dec 15, 2003
  8. How did those naked 1075 Calls feel last night?

Oh yeah, I forgot that you said that you covered for a scratch on Friday.

Yeah right!

You and your aliases are one of the reasons that ET needs to become a "pay-subscription" site. Trust me, Pabst isn't the only person that has come across your MULTIPLE personalities.

Let us all know when you decide to trade Futures like all the Big Boys, Bro . . . Until then, I think that you should stick with that clerking job at that B/D in Sunny Florida. Does your Mommy know that you are on the internet again tonight?

:D

#78     Dec 15, 2003
  9. We all know you're deranged, and gay as a san fran fruitcake, but what the heck does the above statement mean?

#79     Dec 15, 2003
  10. Pabst

Pabst

Wags, As a Mid-Westerner who has been California Dreamin' for forty years, I'll give you the perspective of an outsider. Cal is becoming what NYC was in the 70's. Remember when New York was broke (Ford refused to bail out NYC), crime ridden, and a very out place to live. Back then Cal was King. Now it's flipped. California no longer captivates. In terms of amenities much of the "backwoods" have caught up. Witness a Michael McDonald leaving Santa Barbara, a place as good as it gets, for Nashville. Now stars and athletes who would have lived in L.A. are hangin in the Hampton's, gulp yes MIAMI, or even places like Sea Island Ga. In the last 30 years the standard of living for EVERY strata of global society has risen. However no state in the Union that I can think of as stepped backwards as much as Cal. From Utopia to ordinary.

#80     Dec 15, 2003