So what do the Liberals do now that Saddam is captured?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

No that is not me. That is what was so funny about it. Maybe Waggie will offer a suggestion. LOL.

#201     Dec 19, 2003
  2. Pabst

Pabst

So Rogue, shallowisms are the domain of the right, eh?

War for oil.

Tax cuts for the rich.

Cutting senior's Social Security benefits.

Extremists' denying a woman's right to choose.

Allowing guns to kill our children.

Right wing conspiracy.

The left exsists by distortion and by PANDERING to the stupidest elements in American society.

#202     Dec 19, 2003

3. LOL, man. have a nice weekend !

best,

surfer:)

#203     Dec 19, 2003
  4. That 70% of Americans still think that Saddam Hussein was behind the 911 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

Many Americans are simply too clued into "sound-bytes" and just can't seem to come to their own conclusions thru deductive reasoning.

:eek:

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/984449/posts

#204     Dec 19, 2003
  5. Where did I say only the right wing does this?

Again classic Hannityism on your part. Rather than address the issue, you try to muddle the issue by trying to blame the left for the same practices.

This is a logical fallacy, as it doesn't prove that the right isn't active and knowingly using the technology I described.

One aspect of Hannityism can be understood with the all too common response from Hannity et. al.

Say a man criticizes Bush.

Hannity responds "Clinton was worse."

Get the point?

No?

Okay.

Say a mother goes into the living room and sees a broken lamp.

She calls her little boy and points to the lamp and says, "Jack, did you break the lamp?"

The little boy says: "Tom broke the kitchen window."

Does Tom's action of breaking the kitchen window absolve Jack from his actions of breaking the lamp?

Of course and the mom knows the tricks these children play.

Yet, with the polarization of this country, people get so caught up in their hatred of the left or the right, that they forget about the issue at hand, and how the culpability of one person is irrelevant to the culpability of another person on the same issue or topic.

#205     Dec 19, 2003
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wait a minute, that is exactly what the left does. The right says Clinton lied under oath and the left says Bush lied to America about 9/11. What's the difference. Do you not see the falacy in your own thinking?

#206     Dec 19, 2003
  7. roguetrader,

have you ever considered the possibility that the showmen you mentioned are so popular, not due to their conman talent, but rather because most of what they say is accurate and correct striking a chord in many americans ?

no, i didn't think so....

best,

surfer

#207     Dec 19, 2003
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie, I'm going to be laughing for weeks about you. LOL. Thanks for the good laughs man. That was too much. I'm not refering to this post btw. LOL.

#208     Dec 19, 2003
  9. what is a "hannityism" ? is that limbaugh's new word for ditto head ?

thanks,

surfer

#209     Dec 19, 2003

10. Yeah, no shit. It's even more insidious than Hannity and co because it's been out there for soooo long that it's easy to overlook what a total load of carp it is. Those exact same forces that ART was referring to. At work for, what, fifty years? More?

#210     Dec 19, 2003