So what do I do now?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Feb 18, 2007.

1. T280

T280

I think it's a toaster... you could make some nice toasted cheese sandwiches with it

#11     Feb 22, 2007
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

look like your shuttle got some replacement part, the original look like this
    [​IMG]

#12     Feb 22, 2007
  3. yeah..there was a DVD -Cd added

Working fine so far...sure beats the heck out of the Pentium III...I put another PCI card in it (now that was tight!) and running four 19" LCD's on it...fast like crazy...but I am comparing it to the Pentium III. It is just as fast as the Dell 8250

You know I used to believe ebay was no place to buy electronics, but for the price I pay ...its worth the risk...so far so good...I have received everything I have bid on and taken no losses yet...

I like to bid on stuff real low and get control and wait....if someone outbids me I see it on the MY Ebay homepage and I say to myself oh well...but every once in a while my lowball bid gets through and I end up with a good deal...I bid on old stuff, where I think there is a value for my application...I do not need fancy tools for trading.

So I now have an this old Pentium III that the Shuttle replaced, for an emergency back up to my 2 desktops and 2 notebooks now...

Michael B.

#13     Feb 23, 2007
  4. I really like these small form factor computers...the only thing that concerns me is heat...

But my notebooks last forever...so why can't a small form? (this is the cutest little toaster I have seen...really like it!)

Michael B.

P.S. We live in a very small Denver Metro Studio Condo (under 500 sq ft.) so space is a commodity.

#14     Feb 23, 2007
  5. zuijlen

zuijlen

I built a Shuttle myself about three years ago, which I believe is the age of yours. I was disappointed with the result, but I have been able to resurrect it by replacing the power supply with a more recent version that can deliver more power and is therefore not so overtaxed and less prone to overheating. I also added a temperature-controlled fan to make it less noisy. It works fine now, but heat remains a problem with these small form-factor PCs. In general, laptops use more expensive but less power-hungry components and will last longer as a result.

#15     Feb 23, 2007
  6. get an iMac

#16     Feb 23, 2007
  7. I thought awhile back you bought a spiffy new trading rig from what was the website? I was actually going to ask for the website as Dell are refusing to send me a new computer with XP on it.

#17     Feb 23, 2007
  8. #18     Feb 23, 2007
  9. #19     Feb 24, 2007
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, 200 W seem to be on the low side.

#20     Feb 24, 2007