So we got money for HAITI, but we don't have money for Americans, DAMN

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mikasa, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Sevenout

Sevenout

Your close - actually it's a significant number of Haitians that
    lack compassion for humanity.

#11     Jan 20, 2010
  2. #12     Jan 20, 2010
  3. mikasa

mikasa

there is not a single thinking person that can call you a liar

you couldn't be MORE right :mad:

#13     Jan 20, 2010
  4. Good thread, cold.

#14     Jan 20, 2010
  5. Haiti needs help now, it is good that USA can do something. However, charity begins at home. What is America going to the jobless going homeless? When?

#15     Jan 20, 2010
  6. GBClem

GBClem

I think the original poster was comparing contributions to Haiti by Americans to contributions to Katrina by Americans. Contributions to Haiti came when America was at it's weakest while Katrina came at a time when the economy was stronger and people had more to give. (But still, much more has been raised for Haiti compared to Katrina.)

In any case, I am not surprised. We'll send them aid so that they can eventually die of something else, probably starvation. In fact, we are all terminal. All of us here are on the path to death by old age (unless something else does not kill us sooner) and very few people care. Billions could be saved -- in economic benefits, not just health benefits / lives, by investing an ways to keep people healthier longer:

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/0330/034-on-my-mind.html
    http://www.grg.org/resources/TheScientist.htm

But there is absolutely no lobbying or support to do so. I find it ironic that we are individually all condemned to die. But as a society, we fight against the forces of natural selection to preserve groups of people and animals who might otherwise not be here.

#16     Jan 20, 2010
  7. MattF

MattF

$10 goes a long way to Haiti....if you use it IN Haiti.

Otherwise, it goes to the Red Cross here...which we all tend to know how much % donations end up covering administrative costs for these types of places...

absolute joke.

#17     Jan 20, 2010
  8. mikasa

mikasa

I am sick and tired of the fact that USA has money for literally everything except the American people

money for wars

money for Israel

money for international help

money for Goldman Sachs

money for everything except the US citizen, middle class or poor

#18     Jan 20, 2010
  9. +1

The worst off Americans are still not as bad off as those Haitians right now...

#19     Jan 20, 2010
  10. People like you who are bitching about not receiving government money are also the first to bitch when the government gives out money.

#20     Jan 20, 2010