So this is trickle down?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Spot on, it's part of the "kill two birds with one stone" entitlement that politico's salivate over.

#31     Jul 27, 2012
  2. jem

jem

I feel like I watching the Colbert Repor.... Ricter sounds like Alex from family ties. he is way right of me on this issue.

I am going to read ahead to see if this was a ricter joke....

I am here... and surprised.

Ricter do you run a business with union employees?

At the very least some of that CEO money should be going to shareholders.
    There is no fricken reason wall street bankers or most CEOS should be making that kind of money at the expense of shareholders.
    If they wish to make that kind of money... stay private.

It does not take talent to make money for a few years and then blow up a wall street company by selling aysmmetrical bets.

I am not sure how much talent it takes to run CAT. But an independent board... voting on comp would be a good idea.

#32     Jul 27, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Gents, the Cap'n started this chess match today, with himself on white, so I had to take black if I wanted to play.

#33     Jul 27, 2012
  4. jem

jem

well played.

#34     Jul 27, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

To answer your question re unionization here, we were once, but a chief previous and senior to me gamed the labor law system to break it up.

#35     Jul 27, 2012
  6. Or you could have cheered me on, but nooooo, you gotta' go all capitalist pig on me.:p

#36     Jul 27, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, look who's talking. You've been playing the right side of the board for a few months now! (Until this morning.) : )

#37     Jul 27, 2012
  8. The purpose of capitalism is to ensure the most efficient use of resources through competition and self interest.

It has nothing to do with "stakeholders' ( a term invented by liberals to make meddling seem appropriate), the economy, jobs or anything else. Growth in the eocnomy is a side effect of efficient use of resources, self interest, ie greed, and competition.

As Pat Buchanan has observed, economic efficiency is not the only value at stake however. A government has the obligation to do what is best for its citizens. I would argue, as does Pat, that globalization and the resultant loss of manufacturing jobs is nto in our self interest, event hough it may be more efficient from an intellectual stand point.

Liberals however basically painted themselves into a corner. Through excessive regulation, litigation, taxes and unionism, they made it nearly impossible for domestic companies to be competitive. Globalization seemed a way out and the right thing to do, as it meant ceding our sovereignty to the WTO, something liberals are always eager to do. Also, the corporate statists who ran Bill Clinton saw outsourcing as a way to have their cake and eat it too.

The working class is too dumb to realize that their own champions sold them out.

#38     Jul 27, 2012
  9. When it comes to rooting out the croney capitalist facists like those who reside in the CAT boardroom, I'm as liberal as they come.

#39     Jul 27, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

This is nonsense regardless of which side of "the board" you're sitting on. You're trying too hard to blame your hated liberals, so you've got cause and effect crosswired.

Furthermore, you say it has "nothing to do with stakeholders", then go on to say it's all about greed and self interest? If not stakeholders, then exactly whose greed and self interest??

#40     Jul 27, 2012