So this is racism?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, whoosh.

#11     Aug 5, 2010
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Say what you mean.

Are you trying to say black people aren't actually "black"?

That referring to African Americans as "black" is somehow racist?

#12     Aug 5, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

That's right, they are not actually black. That guys shirt is darker than he is, and on my monitor it's gray. Clearly therefore he is not black.

As to your second question, let me put it this way: what if the African American is a fair skinned immigrant from South Africa?

#13     Aug 5, 2010
  4. achilles28

achilles28

So what do you call white people?

#14     Aug 5, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Shrug, you tell me. They're not white, this page is white.

#15     Aug 5, 2010
  6. Depends how they act.:cool:

white people are equall opportunity ball busters.

#16     Aug 5, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Lol

Isn't it just a matter of convention? And convenience? Yea, sure. Technically whites aren't white, blacks aren't black, asians aren't yellow, and indians aren't red. But who's got the time of day to detail the exact shade when the whole purpose is to get a general handle on exactly that. In this instance, the women was logically asked to detail the shooters appearance so he could be apprehended. If some girl asks a friend what color a suitor is, because she's only into white guys, or black guys, does that make her racist? A bit over the top, don't you think?

I don't care if somebody calls me white. Why do you care if somebody calls you black?

#17     Aug 5, 2010
  8. achilles28

achilles28

We've got our fair share of assholes. But that's true of any race. Just a part of the human condition, I suppose.

#18     Aug 5, 2010

9. Dumb fckin pilgrims. Had they killed cats instead of turkeys, we'd eat pussy every Thanksgiving.

#19     Aug 5, 2010
  10. Usually your remarks have more substance than this. Your hair splitting in this issue makes you look like an idiot, unless you're just goofing.
    The woman calling 911 in no way made any statements that could even remotely be considered racist. Anyone thinking otherwise is completely fallen off the PC cliff. I can't believe you've gone that far over the edge.

#20     Aug 5, 2010