So The Negative Jobs Number Last Month=Rate Cut

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Oct 5, 2007.

1. I exchanged everything except 1/5th of my account on that cut. I am getting killed on that freakin 1/5th!!! What do you do for overnights? You need USD cash for overnights no? I exchange profits every few weeks to canadian but the rate is dropping so fast im getting my butt kicked on those too!!!

#11     Oct 5, 2007
  2. Not everyone holds positions for microseconds like you.

#12     Oct 5, 2007
  3. No rates will go higher, prices will rise further. And we all get a good screwing. But wallstreet got what it has been wanting for 18 months.

Americans get the shaft, your rates are not going down, their going up hahaha.

#13     Oct 5, 2007
  4. kashirin

kashirin

You don't need USD for overnights if you don't mind to pay interest
    I mostly day trade only occasionally overnight so I don't mind to pay interest as CAD appreciates much faster

#14     Oct 5, 2007
  5. I hold most positions for a minimum of a few days up to a few weeks and hold always overnight. Still see no reason to whine about "conspiracies" or market manipulation.

#15     Oct 5, 2007
  6. but I always have overnights for that amount. I will be paying margin interest for sure. Might as well just buy the CAD futures, it would be cheaper.

#16     Oct 5, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

It was pathetic...

How do you F$%K up a number so bad,

-4000 vs +89,000

I agree it was all a game to get the rate cut in, after seeing such a revision those numbers should not even be taken seriously....

I dont know how they can go from such an extreme.

This should totally rule out any future rate hikes, it should in fact raise the question of an actual rate hike by the end of October.

#17     Oct 5, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Trade the market on some erroneous numbers.....

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

#18     Oct 5, 2007
  9. So let me ask you, the negative jobs number last month right before the fed meeting was just honest data and was reported just as it was calculated, no manipulation.

We get the cut and miraculously the numbers are now much better, but whats done is done.

Now we are seeing rising rates, a steeper yield curve that no doubt benefits the banks, who were the ones who really need the cut.

Nope no manipulation, it was all on the up and up, your dreaming.

#19     Oct 5, 2007
  10. kashirin

kashirin

if you converted into CAD on Sep 18
    you saved around 4%. It's like paying margin interest for 6 months or more

just today 1.5% appreciation

US$ has no future.
    You see they manipulate data for their own benefit

I will sell CAD to USD only if oil is below 70 for at least 2 weeks or if Fed rise rates

#20     Oct 5, 2007