so so so bummed out and depressed trading ES

Discussion in 'Journals' started by smallcapgrowth, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedo

speedo

Right now the ES is hardly worth trading but 1.7 points a week speaks of a weak trade plan. Even in this environment with a decent plan and good discipline multiples of that are available. BTW, the NQ is a better trader but you might need to get used to wilder price action. But forget about size.

#11     Sep 20, 2017
  2. IamBlaze

IamBlaze

what he said

#12     Sep 20, 2017
  3. Overnight

Overnight

At least I have a live journal going on. You can follow my trials and tribulations here. https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/and-they-have-a-plan-live.306838/

Your journal seems to be a, well, there is none, because as you stated...

If you do not calculate the exchange fees, you're not doing so well in your studies. This is not a judgement, merely a fact.

#13     Sep 20, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. wartrace

wartrace

:rolleyes: From paper trading for a year to 150 contracts live and you didn't even bother to educate yourself about costs? Maybe that's why you did so well paper trading; you didn't factor in the cost of each contract. :banghead:

#14     Sep 20, 2017
  5. I took a class from someone and it wasn' talked about much. Your right this is my fault..

#15     Sep 20, 2017
  6. drm7

drm7

Call Ninjatrader brokerage (or Dorman, the FCM they clear through). They will help you lease a seat.

#16     Sep 20, 2017
  7. that's actually good advice tbh,
    The ES WILL go up over time. It literally has too. If people were simply not allowed to trade short there'd be a lot less losing traders on ET.

#17     Sep 20, 2017
  8. JackRab

JackRab

Hey... I remember you @smallcapgrowth... didn't you win some money on the blackjack tables?

I figured you would see that trading futures isn't exactly the same as counting cards :)

So if you have 500 dollars in fees on just one trade, you trade about 100+ contracts? And you have no experience whatsoever, outside paper trading? Gutsy...

Why wouldn't you take 1.7 points firm each week? That's 8.5k net profit each week (with 100 contracts)... end of the year that's over 400k... on your 1 mln that's nothing to be complaining about. And if you are, then I think you're here just trolling...

#18     Sep 20, 2017
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

being bummed is being a loser. if you are a winner you might also be bummed at all the shit you bought that was just stupid.

#19     Sep 20, 2017
  10. Hey mark , reality check.

I'm sick of all guys like you that saying winner are people who are machines and real men don't quit. It's all macho bullshit. We are human beings and human beings feel emotions. Real authentic courageous men are willing to talk about be vulnerable and not give a fuck what other people think. My intuition tells me your a lot more insecure than you think. Only you know about those insecure thoughts that go on in ur head when no one is looking. Keep beating your chest and believe ur bullshit.

#20     Sep 20, 2017
    johnnyrock and MarkBrown like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.