So should we give Obama a nobel prize for predicting a 10% unemployment?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 426653478, Jun 17, 2009.

1. You keep posting a lot of hyperbole, making all sorts of "the sky is falling" type claims day after day . . . yet you do nothing to back up your claims with any specific facts because you have no command of the issues at hand.

Let's face it.

You are so wrapped-up in your own political bias that you are unable to comprehend the FACT that only 5 out of 178 REPUBLICANS in the House voted for the recent War Funding Bill, as per your post earlier today. That's right, the GOP failed to support a Bill in which 85% of the total cost went to funding U.S. military operations and the WOT. But you are unable to accept the stark, cold, truth of the matter because of your hate for Obama and your political bias towards the GOP.

And by the way, you spelled the word charlatan incorrectly. Figures.

But thanks for stopping by.
    I'm sure that Baron appreciates all of your web "activity" no matter how dumb and absurd it is. :D

#31     Jun 17, 2009
  2. And what are the issues at hand:

More government control in finance and business.

Rights enumerated in the constitution being trampled on

are all the states passing laws invoking the 10th amendment and protecting the 2nd amendment from the predators in DC, just hysterical?

I think you are the one who does not have a clear grasp of the
    issues and what is at stake. Deceived or you just don't give a
    fuck. now it is my turn..............jackass.

#32     Jun 17, 2009
  3. Apparently you had your head up your ass with the rest of the idiots who passed this stimulus without reading it.

BTW, Google is real easy to use.

"Perhaps such procrastination partially explains why the administration recently admitted its rosy projections that passing the stimulus would keep unemployment below 8 percent were "clearly too optimistic." Unemployment is now 9.4 percent."

#33     Jun 17, 2009
  4. pspr

pspr

Landis - don't send me any more PM's. Just Go crawl back into your hole.

Here is the answer to your error, you moron.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/printer/2009/20090603145014.aspx

In January, President Obama said that $787 billion stimulus package was desperately necessary to prevent more Americans from losing their jobs.

“For every day we wait or point fingers or drag our feet, more Americans will lose their jobs,” Obama said at a speech in Fairfax, Virginia. on Jan. 8. At that time the unemployment rate was 7.2 percent. Obama also claimed that the country would face double-digit unemployment without the stimulus package while the Congressional Budget Office forecast was slightly lower: 9 percent unemployment by 2010.

To boost support for his stimulus, Obama’s economic team released a report that estimated unemployment wouldn’t rise above 8 percent with a stimulus package, according to Associated Press.
    Even without a stimulus, Obama’s team echoed the CBO claim that the economy would shed 3-4 million more jobs, reaching 9 percent unemployment by 2010.

Obama got his massive spending bill passed with a helping hand from the news media, but unemployment kept rising rapidly.

It soared to 8.9 percent in April – nearly a percentage point higher than Obama’s team projected. Bloomberg also reported May 31 that the rate was likely to surpass 9 percent in May 2009 for the first time in 25 years. Official May unemployment figures will be released this Friday, June 5, and are expected to hit 9.2 percent.

#34     Jun 17, 2009
  5. wmb

wmb

First of all , i 'm tired of looking up multlple references to obams idiocy for people on this board. Look it up yourself, be alarmed, because so many have warned you...so make an effort .

Second, his economists i'm not concerned with..they are boneheads. But obama is responsible and accountable. He never said it was going to 10% he said he wanted the stimulus to prevent it from going to 10%. I know he knew because so many feared it would go to 10%. Roubini has predicted, krugman has predicted it might go beyond 10%.

I was hoping we could save another american from his shameful idiocy by alerting you to the error of your boneheaded ways. Yet, in true democratic ways these days you are resistant to any sort of guidance. Check it out yourself, if you truly give a shit you will. I'm betting you don't have the time to look it up and will rely on the man to tell you everything is ok.

#35     Jun 17, 2009
  6. Obama is at least half white. We don't know who is real father is because we have never seen his birth certificate.

#36     Jun 18, 2009
  7. LOL. That is why you have not seen it.

#37     Jun 18, 2009