So should we give Obama a nobel prize for predicting a 10% unemployment?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 426653478, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Good post... very mature answer.

Happy trading.:p

#21     Jun 17, 2009

2. Of course not. He is proving totally inept at economics.

He needs to fire half of his staff(fire emanuel first)and ask for help from those who know what the hell is going on.

Otherwise, its over.

Or maybe just save us all some trouble and resign.

#22     Jun 17, 2009
  3. wmb

wmb

This guy is sooooo arrogant and he is surrounded by arrogance that to resign is beyond anything they can see. They may care about the economy but they are interested in covering up what they have done the last 20 years, in particular the late 90's and early 2000's . Barney ,chris, Emanuel, are headed for massive headaches for their connections with Frannie and freddie! so they are trying to cover their asses.To put frank on any commette is shameful. If florida doesn't boot him out, he should resign! Where are the outraged floridians?

#23     Jun 17, 2009
  4. Says who???

3/4's of the stimulus package that the Congress passed in February won't even hit the Economy till 2010. Everyone knows this . . . except idiots like you.

#24     Jun 17, 2009
  5. How long did the repubs blame Clinton for all the problems once Bush was in?

#25     Jun 17, 2009

6. At this point in the game, it's not all that surprising that we have some of the DUMBEST posters in the internet universe posting on ET.

None of the MORONS listed above can find Obama making reference to the stimulus package keeping unemployment from rising above 8% or 9%, let alone a statement to the contrary to Obama's understanding that "jobs are a lagging indicator."

One of the reasons for this ( aside from the sheer stupidity shown by the posters above ) is because the unemployment rate was already at 8.1% for the month of January

But I guess the idiots here on ET feel that if they keep saying it often enough . . . it will become true.

Pathetic.

#26     Jun 17, 2009
  7. You need to take a good hard look in the mirror my friend.

No where did the President ever say that the stimulus package would keep unemployment from going above 8% as you claim.

Before the stimulus bill was signed into law on Feb. 17th, the January unemployment rate was already at 8.1%

Duh.

#27     Jun 17, 2009
  8. wmb

wmb

However, he did say the stimulus was intended to keep unemployment from going above 10% and at that time we could assume he knew it was going to 10%. He isn't that deceptive and stupid at the same time to specify something like the unemployment numbers. This was done back before he was told to be upbeat and positive, americans won't panic if their President is up beat about the econmomy! So he said he was trying to stem unemployment from going to 10% or higher, of which many econmists cameo ut and said it was going there just on the bankruptcy of GM. He is a bone head who thinks he can really stop a truck coming down the highway right at him! Or he is a blatant Bs artist. I chose to think he is just a bonehead!

#28     Jun 17, 2009

9. If you cannot see through this charletan, I don't know what else to say about you Landis. I'll just call you deceived but not a moron.

#29     Jun 17, 2009
  10. Please post a link referencing your claim above, otherwise it is you that looks like a "bonehead" playing on the Internet with all of the other kiddies.

As I recall, Obama never said anything of the sort. His economists said that "unemployment could top 10 percent before the recession ends."

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Obama_plans_to_reverse_economic_slide/rssarticleshow/4027927.cms

#30     Jun 17, 2009