So should we give Obama a nobel prize for predicting a 10% unemployment?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 426653478, Jun 17, 2009.

1. What the hell is he trying to achieve by stating it, is it because he's hoping this way he doesn't get blamed for it? WTF?! What's wrong with these idiots?

"President Barack Obama offered stern words for Wall Street and a prediction of 10 percent U.S. unemployment even as he said the “engines” of an economic recovery have begun to turn."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=auTTvgeN294Y

This clown is going to screw up everything, but I could care less.

Burn Baby, Burn!

2. And the stimulus (that needed to be passed in a hurry before the US blew up) was suppose to keep unemployment under 9%.

Oh well. It's only funny money. And it's still Bush's fault...

3. The official unemployment rate is going much higher than 10%.

Unofficially? We're well above that now.

4. Yeah, Bush forced people to go out and buy houses they cant afford.

Obama is paying people $8000 dollars to go out and buy houses they cant afford. (Swartzenegger is giving $10,000 on top of that!)

In 4 years, we will see who is the worst president and im sure we wont see a black president for another 225 years.

5. spinn

spinn

It is a little scary that the actual number of unemployed will probably hit 20% or so.

Imagine 1 in 5 people on the street being within a few weeks of losing their homes. People do not seem all that stable in my area and umeployment here in Washington, DC is around 5%.

Of course....we are the problem so maybe they feel guilty?

6. MKTrader

MKTrader

I'm getting tired of him blaming Bush Jr. for everything. I expect B. Hussein to start blaming Thomas Jefferson or Gerald Ford before long. Whatever the problem, it's always someone else's fault. And it's always safer to make dire economic predictions that your horrendous policies will fulfill.

It would be comical if the country weren't at stake.

7. Why are you hiding from reality? Bush inherited a surplus and a healthy economy from Clinton and Obama inherited a complete mess from Bush.

Here is Bush's financial resume:

-Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
    -Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
    -Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
    -Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
    -In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
    -Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in U.S. history.
    -Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
    -Presided over the biggest energy crises in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
    -Presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
    -Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
    -First president in U.S. history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
    -Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
    -Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in U.S. history.
    -My biggest lifetime campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
    -Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in U.S. history.
    -Entered office with the strongest economy in U.S. history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

8. bush is over, bush is gone, now it's this clown's turn, that's his job, to solve the problems, not to whine, so shut up and get to work

9. MKTrader

MKTrader

You're the one hiding from reality. Nice cut-and-paste job from a sheeple website. I may get back with you when I have time...I'm not on the Obama dole like some of you.

Briefly: Clinton inherited the economy he got, and besides a misguided tax hike, did little to hurt it. His personal problems were a good thing that kept him from doing Obama-esque damage. His enhancement of Carter's housing affirmitive action program was horrid, however, and has more to do with what went wrong than your laundry list.

I'm no apologist for Bush, but Obama and his czar-appointing self (since when did we go Russian and allow those kind of powers to the unelected?) is a nightmare, plain and simple. And I have more executive experience (military and private sector) than he does...pathetic.

10. spinn

spinn

Monty almost every statistic in your your post is wrong or a lie....

You really need to leave ET and monitor a cooking forum somewhere.

#10     Jun 17, 2009